Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon's 4-Motion Bora VR6

Quote Originally Posted by vert1 View Post
    American tuners are worthless, had the exact same issue when building mine.
    Lucky for me Richard Weir from Viper tuning (Isle of Man) stepped up to help, all tuned over the internet making small adjustments as we went. I did have to send my MAF and intake to the UK to have it calibrated though to provide a map for the MAF sensor.
    6K km later still running great.

There are other options than getting frustrated waiting for usless American companies to get their sh*t togther.
    Love your car man! Keen to see it if I ever cross the waters!

Users Country Flag
    Yeh driven a couple of Ko4's and as I admit there a fun they just don't pull as hard as I would like, plus from what other members have told me there only good to around 160-170. Sorry I've sorta chimed in on your thread buddy. My mind is sorta set on the T28rs but all information I have read and from people who have ran all 3 they all so just to go to a GT3582. I'm looking at starting al the work in the next 2-3 weeks so that's why I'd ask you your thoughts.

28rs vs 35r.

That's like trying to choose if you are straight or homosexual

Quote Originally Posted by RM86 View Post
    Yeh driven a couple of Ko4's and as I admit there a fun they just don't pull as hard as I would like, plus from what other members have told me there only good to around 160-170. Sorry I've sorta chimed in on your thread buddy. My mind is sorta set on the T28rs but all information I have read and from people who have ran all 3 they all so just to go to a GT3582. I'm looking at starting al the work in the next 2-3 weeks so that's why I'd ask you your thoughts.
    GTX2871R

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    28rs vs 35r.

That's like trying to choose if you are straight or homosexual
    Have you made up your mind yet?

One more trip with you and i think I'll have made my choice.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RM86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trickysimon View Post
    GTX2871R
    I agree with Simon - go GTX2871r. That's what I plan on doing to the S3 as the power it will provide for a street car/occasional track throw around will be more than enough. The k04 already pulls hard but I agree, something a little larger would be even more fun.

Simon, does it run yet?

Oh dear god the sounds this thing makes gives me a tingle in my peepee. Great job on her so far mate.

Just a question regarding the tune, are you running the oem ecu or aftermarket?
    2001 S4 Matte Charcoal metallic | M6 | MTM tuned | Zinram 3.5inch catback | SRM SMIC's | ST Coilovers | Work Meister S13p's

2002 Bora 4Mo Indigo Blue Pearl | FK Coils | Air box swisscheesing | Audi B5 S4 Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by BLN355 View Post
    Oh dear god the sounds this thing makes gives me a tingle in my peepee. Great job on her so far mate.

Just a question regarding the tune, are you running the oem ecu or aftermarket?
    Thanks!
    It's a MKIV R32 ECU with the **** United Motorsports tune on it at the moment.

Car has been fixed since last time, and taken to E-tuners in Sydney. Managed to make 240kw on low boost of 10psi and 300kw at the wheels on 23psi.
    Intercooler was choking it, so should be a massive improvement once that is upgraded.
    The car has been totally transformed. Low boost comes on so linear it could almost be mistaken for a supercharger. High boost, on the other hand, is a completely different beast. Rolling on the throttle at 80kmh will see wheel spin when it comes on boost.
    Will upload a video shortly.
    Unfortunately, as usual, the fun was short lived. The turbo decided to kick the bucket, 3 days before its debut at VITS 2016. So that's next on the list!
    Here's the dyno graph:

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast