Thread: Rare 3 door Mk4

Users Country Flag

Rare 3 door Mk4

Hi Ladies and gentlemen,
    I have a Rare 3door 2 litre 2004 Australian delivered Mk4 with delivery books and books to Lennox Vw Canberra.
    To my understanding as a VW enthusiast these are very rare in the 2.0 variant.
    does anyone know they value or what they are worth today.

Users Country Flag
    There has only been one for sale that I have come across.
    It was bagged, 1.8T swapped and had a bunch of goodies and IIRC it was listed for around 12K?

But for your spec I wouldn't take any less than 12K. It might take some time for it to sell but there are a few collectors around.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you mate.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks mate appreciate you taking time to respond cheers
    D

Users Country Flag
    There was a V5, manual 2door for sale about 2-3years ago. guy could not give it away, I think another member ended up buying it for around $4k. Another 3d TDI sold around that money around the same time as well.

As rare as it is, I cannot see anyone paying more then about +/- $6k. Obviously km's and condition will play a part.

I just think whoever buys will more then likely junk the 2.0 Auto and 1.8t / VR swap it, and they'll be working to a budget.
    Or it will be a non-enthusiast who doesn't care about the rarity and just wants a daily.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    There was a V5, manual 2door for sale about 2-3years ago. guy could not give it away, I think another member ended up buying it for around $4k. Another 3d TDI sold around that money around the same time as well.

As rare as it is, I cannot see anyone paying more then about +/- $6k. Obviously km's and condition will play a part.

I just think whoever buys will more then likely junk the 2.0 Auto and 1.8t / VR swap it, and they'll be working to a budget.
    Or it will be a non-enthusiast who doesn't care about the rarity and just wants a daily.
    Totally agree. If it was a 1.8T or a VR6 from the factory it would be collectible. 2.0 auto would be worth very little. Only really attractive to somebody who wants to engine swap into the 3 door body, and then it needs to be cheap ...
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Because the 3drs are not as common, changing the interior is difficult when it comes to the seats and not being able to fold 4dr seats down for passengers

I was working at Lennocks at the time when the 3 doors came in. Iirc there were a pair of reflex silver 1.6 with no air, a silver 2.0 which may have had A/C, I can't recall, and a BMP 2.0 which Peter kept as his drive car for a while. We also had a couple of 2.0 Boras with no A/C at the same time.
    These cars were all sent to Australia in error, there was no plan to release 3 door Mk4s other than the R32.

I have one of the 2.0 litre auto ones.

No A/C, no remote locking, but I have retrofitted the complete factory A/C setup now and also added in the remote locking and an MFA sport cluster as well.

A previous owner also retrimmed the seats in red leather which looks great with the Reflex Silver paint.

Rare 3 door Mk4-20230819_173637-jpg

Also added a leather steering wheel with red stitching.

Last edited by graeme86; 03-10-2023 at 09:20 PM.
    PM if you are looking for: R32 rear sway bar; R32 suspension springs; Euro Headlight switches