Thread: Replacing rear speakers in Bora

Users Country Flag

Replacing rear speakers in Bora

Unfortunately i have blown my rear woofers and was wondering what people have done to upgrade their systems!? Currently running clarion headunit and clarion 500w amp. Never one to really blast music whilst driving so i think they speakers just wore out from age.

I found these on Ebay but not sure if they are worth it (shipping etc). Also wondering on replacement option from JB, Alpine, Auto Addiction etc.

VW Golf MK4 Rear Door Speakers Pioneer Car Speakers Adapter Pods 240W | eBay

As you can see the speakers were quite old and on the way out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replacing rear speakers in Bora-img_3396-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Those are just two way pioneer 6.5 inch speakers in the ebay link. Nothing particular about them.
    You could probably just find some local 6.5inch speakers in whatever brand you like that would cost less and have the benefit of being able to return them if there is a problem.
    I'm not even sure that 6.5 inches is the right speaker size?

Edit: Just noticed that the ebay link says that they come with speaker pods to adapt into the door.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I was planning on getting either those pioneers or something locally. The cone itself is 5.5" but i was told that you measure it from the mount. maybe i'm wrong? haha i'm pretty sure that it is the right size though. As you say, i can always return them if they're not the right size.

Users Country Flag
    6.5inch is the way to go. You need to space them out. The stock speakers have a spacer built in.
    What about the tweeters at the pull handle ?
    I ran Pioneer components with a crossover box in each door, was cheap at JB, more options at SuperCheap etc.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Great, Thanks I was just going to buy or make spacers. The tweeters are all fine. i'd either re-wire/ instal crossover when installing pioneer speakers as its one unit with tweeter included. Is it worth forking out for Focal or something or do Pioneers do the job?