Thread: Power window button not working

Power window button not working

Hi guys,

Upon driving home today my passenger window was down all the way but when I tried to put it back up using my driver side control, the button was not responding so I tried the passenger side button and it still does not respond.
    I didn't know what to do so I just locked my car using my remote central locking and the car automatically wounded up the window so then I turned on my car again and from my driver side control I could make the window go down but not up so I tried from the passenger side and I could not make it go up or down using the button so I had to just locked my car again to make the window go up.
    Does anyone know what the problem is? or ever experienced something like this before?

Thanks

What are the chances having 2 faulty switches?
    Maybe start with the switch's connection.
    I've changed the driver's side twice.
    MK4 GTI: Custom Code Stage 2, K03S, 42DD exhaust, Bilsteins, whiteline F&R, 312mm brakes
    MK6 GTI: MY13, DSG , very stock
    Ducati 749

Thanks, I might check the connection when I find the time.
    Edit: Just came from a quick drive to the petrol station and checked my passenger window again and seems to work fine now, maybe just a bad connection as you said.
    Sorry to sound like a noob but I noticed that my headlights would dim when I press the power window button to wound up and down, is this normal?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PrOxIMPURE View Post
    I noticed that my headlights would dim when I press the power window button to wound up and down, is this normal?
    Yes this is normal.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Power window button not working

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Yes this is normal.
    Thanks.