Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Passion Garage - Bora Progress

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by PranK View Post
    This is rad. It scares the **** out of me how low it is but I love it!

I can't believe the burn mark on the inside of the well. Thats nuts.

I went a little bit low on coilovers, but swapped them out for static Bilsteins. I just needed a more practical ride.

Wheels on yet?
    haha thanks dude !! i love it ayy and i just want to go lower !!!
    the burn marks give the car some good character showing the people " i drive my car" haha

yea the practicality part of my car has been gone for a while but ayy its the best !!

yea wheels are on will update the thread in a min

Quote Originally Posted by Gez110 View Post
    How are you getting on with the Ground Control top mounts? I've just picked up a set of second hand ones.

Are you going to run engine mount raisers? A mate in the uk uses them, once you chassis is notched you get a bit more clearance on for the sump but also ensures your drive shafts are running at a safer angle.
    hey dude, they are pretty good
    and you can get more camber out of them if you cut out some of the strut top.
    they go well man, they need new bushings though slight shudder from the left strut when I'm turing right at speed but nothing too bad will sort that soon.
    and I've gone and figured that doing a notch won't be the best idea, but its still there pondering in the back of my long list of **** i want to do to the car haha

was going to get engine mount spacers but il leave that til the end of the year when i get some more money !!
    Passion Garage
    - Grab Stickers/Merch - We can also source parts, refurb wheels, install Coilovers -

update update update get your weekly scoop on my piece of **** haha

alright so lets start from the beginning from when i got the spacers ( note i did all of this the night they arrived 2 weeks ago )

the Quality of the adapters/spacers are awesome !!! can say using wheelmods was an awesome idea only issue i had with them was customer service but i can understand that when it comes to small business'

had them custom made so the centre bore was the right size for the wheels as well as the centre bora for the mounting them onto the Hub

yes i most defiantly need some new rotors and brake pads haha

so i got them on and put the car back on the street for the night then got back into it the next day

clearance on the struts is super close and i could only fit a credit card in-between the wheel and the strut haha

so when i took the car for a drive straight after i put the wheels on, i ran over a nail, thanks to the ****heads down the road who thought it would be a good idea to sweep their building rubbish onto the road.
    ( ignore the chips on the lip, my mum when moving some of my stuff before i put the wheels on thought it was ok to put the wheels down on their faces...... luckily for me the only one she put on the face was this one and its not too bad and can only really notice it up close

the nail is in the sidewall but do you reckon it can be patched ?

so a bit of camber in the rear and some in the front

so i got the car back together and yea i can say I'm happy so far but i need to sort out the fitment and get it a bit more "intense" haha

the static sticker is no longer there was probably on for 2min before i ripped it off lol
    if i got my rear fitment like this tucking 18's that would be good

a bit of a side note
    for my 18th birthday a good mate of my mum who is a professional painter and artist Matt Bourne painted this for me as a present !!!
    he painted the azevs on, a vote front bumper, and well i guess its RWD now haha
    but its awesome

so really the plan is to have my car sitting this low all the time ( no it isn't photoshopped, just the car is on a slope lol )
    il get it this low soon and stay static as well !!

so until next time this is all I've got so far !!!!
    side skirts il get done soon, and il repaint the front lip as well
    but I'm also doing my HSC exams in 2 weeks so study and that is sortie important haha but ayy World time attack show n shine is the the day after my english exams so I've got a lot planned for myself haha
    Passion Garage
    - Grab Stickers/Merch - We can also source parts, refurb wheels, install Coilovers -

Users Country Flag
    Far out, it looks awesome.

Totally freaks me out having a credit-card sized gap between rim and strut!! Argh!! I'll stick with my conservative build.

Those spacers/adapters looks gorgeous. You need some spokey rims so you can see the hubs! The Azevs are super nice though. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PranK View Post
    Far out, it looks awesome.

Totally freaks me out having a credit-card sized gap between rim and strut!! Argh!! I'll stick with my conservative build.

Those spacers/adapters looks gorgeous. You need some spokey rims so you can see the hubs! The Azevs are super nice though. Well done.
    haha thanks man !! appreciate it
    haha its alright won't cause any issues luckily
    and yea man they look awesome, nah I've gotta keep the cops off my back, so hiding the adapters/spacers is a must but you can see em if you look closely enough haha

but i will have some more wheels coming soon haha
    looking for a set of BBS rs would be nice to ride on them for a bit, but so far i like my whole "rare wheels" thingo I've got going
    my Volks, never seen them on Boras/Jettas ( that could be for good reason they looked a bit to Jap ) and well since I've never seen azev type B's on a bora or jetta ( searched the internet high and low, couldn't find anything ) and as they're 1 of 2 sets in Aus and the only 18x9.5 square set in aus that i know of i guess thats "rare" haha

so my next set of wheels will be something that no one has done on a bora/jetta either but will look tasteful as always haha
    Passion Garage

so a little update

some inspiration photos
    of course i wouldn't be able to be this low ( and still drive daily ) unless i went on bags but i love this car, USA, bloke built it for his GF.
    R32 swapped jetta on Air
    super clean paint and guards

anyone know where i can get the Rubstrip with the clear indicators ? other than ECS $$$$

and anyone know where i could get a GLI front lip ?

i also grabbed up a good deal for an r32 brushed aluminium dash face should be here next week I'm hoping

pic is an example if you don't know what I'm talking about

il be getting down to sanding back the front lip, doing a high fill primer on it as well to prep it for the colour matched paint and a high gloss and trying to repair the side skirts somehow tomorrow.

also does anyone know if you can patch the sidewall of a tire or not
    really cant be bothered forking out $135 for a new tire or if anyone has a decent tire laying around 215/40r18 willing to grab it up this week Sydney area.

til next time cheers !!
    Passion Garage

That's all usdm stuff so probably needs to be imported.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony--t View Post
    That's all usdm stuff so probably needs to be imported.
    yea I've got a mate who can export me some stuff from Atlanta but $$$$ on shipping haha
    hoping someone might of imported some stuff already is all !!!
    Passion Garage

Heaps of type Bs in Australia. They were being sold new on eBay until just recently.
    Looks sweet though!

I wouldn't use stock bolts on those adapters btw. Don't look like they have been drilled for ball seats

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    Heaps of type Bs in Australia. They were being sold new on eBay until just recently.
    Looks sweet though!

I wouldn't use stock bolts on those adapters btw. Don't look like they have been drilled for ball seats
    oh really ****!! haha thought they were the only ones, well at least in these specs haha guess i wasn't looking hard enough
    never seen them on a mk4 jetta/bora though either but ayy more i know haha il stop boasting

yea i was gonna grab some new bolts for the adapters i don't like the ball seats anyways

got any fancy 5x130 or 5x100 wheels layin around dylan ?
    Passion Garage

was lucky enough to get my hands on this set of brushed aluminium dash trim from an ex targa r32 from Tas which was awesome
    its in awesome condition few little scratches but nothing noticeable unless you have your face right up next to it

( phone photo sorry haha - galaxy s7 doing good enough atm lol, need to get my new camera )

was also able to source a GLI lip that was in pretty awesome condition and already painted in my colour bora from a mates Bagged GLI in the states so will get that before Halfway Hangs

World time attack is just around the corner and i get my licence back on next wednesday on the 12th so cheering for that
    finally got around to starting the paint prep on my 4motion lip and will be getting colour matched paint again as well
    hopefully this time it won't chip as easy and as quick as it did the first time !

also got the Bora R Rep side skirts just couldn't fork out the $400 to get the real ones so these will do for now.
    ( another ****ty phone photo )

the car has come a bit since i first got it back in February 2016

til next time !!
    Last edited by PassionGarage; 05-10-2016 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added text and added photo
    Passion Garage

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast