Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Clutch Kit Required

New Clutch Kit Required

Hi all,

Well after finally getting custom code flash installed my flywheel has decided to let go. So i am in urgent need of a new clutch kit with a single mass lightened flywheel for a MkIV R32.
    Any suggestions on suppliers or other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matty VWR 32L View Post
    Hi all,

Well after finally getting custom code flash installed my flywheel has decided to let go. So i am in urgent need of a new clutch kit with a single mass lightened flywheel for a MkIV R32.
    Any suggestions on suppliers or other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
    Alrighty, save for the tune, I'm currently in the same boat.
    First up, it's a very expensive exercise.

I got quoted 2200 for OEM replacement PARTS ONLY.
    There is an LUK option, sachs, I think you can go custom with clutchmasters in Australia.
    ave a good search on R32OC as there is a bigger list than I can recall.

I ended up going with SPEC Stage 2+ with SMFW. It was a bit short of 2k landed all up. I wanted more meat than OEM, but didn't need to handle turbo amounts of torque so went midrange. It must be the low volume seller though as it took forever to come in and fairly poor communication on SPEC's part.
    Rennenhaus and ECS were great as always!

The actual quality of the gear seems ridiculously good, I haen't driven on it yet (hopefully soon!!) but it looks and feels like solid, quality gear.

See post
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f14/...tml#post642629

the biggest problem I have found in my area at least is very few people want to touch it. I have had quotes of 3k for install (even though I supplied the parts) and am searching around for an alternative.

I'm really hoping that I have no dramas with it at all!

Your turn to talk about CC software, I have been enquiring about the VVT Attack software

Thanks schoona for the help... Well i ended up getting the clutchmaster stage 3 clutch kit and single mass aluminium flywheel landed for $1470 thanks greatly to the strong aussie dollar

I have driven a Bora with SMFW conversion at found it slightly more revvy but the rattle on idle was a bit too annoying!

my timing chain / guides are getting noisy so I might be up for Clutch changes soon too given the relative duplication of effort.. I look forward to opinions from both of you
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

Matt, coming to dyno day on the 16th?

I'm dropping my car off on Thursday for install, so I'll be there. Be good to compare

Ill be there but the boys at camden gti hav said i cant run the car because i will need to run in the new aluminium flywheel which is a massive disapointment.... I was really looking forward to seeing wat she put out as i jus installed magnaflow exhaust n custom code flash...but i will def try n run dyno asap

Users Country Flag
    well bingo bango boingo, my clutch slave went too - which is effectively the same as the whole clutch going cause the gbox has to come out. Happened on the way to work for a massive meeting i had scheduled, always happens right?

Anyway, I am shopping around for the right clutch and SMFW kit now for my application. Will post what happens.
    MY02 Bora V6 4Mo|Matte Black plastidip|VTDA|R32 Exhaust|R32 dampers and springs|TT pedals|R32 steering wheel|17" 8L S3 rims|R32 sways|Blue Haldex|EBC reds

Users Country Flag
    How many kms do your cars have done for the clutch to go? Mine is sitting on 110k and the clutch feels really strong.
    Just wondering if need to start saving for the new clutch kit
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Mine went around 130,000 Nik but had been tracked. Met billiecartz this morning and he reckons he is still on the original clutch and flywheel and its at 215,000 kms.

I should have gone Clutchmasters, please don't get SPEC on my recommendation. It's awesome when having fun, but had a few issues and been rather disappointing the effort to remedy the issue from some places.

for those that want SMFW and worried about chatter of the 9lb there is a new 20lb alternative, from my research only had been 16.5 / 15 (clutchmasters) and 9lb options before. I've just ordered one with stage 3 clutch kit with clutchnet organic disc. This compares with 6 puck non-organic design which wears much faster than the full face organic ones, they both use the same pressure plate but the full face disc will last much longer and still grip very well.

FST 240mm L/W STEEL BILLET Flywheel for 02M 6-Speed (FITS VW MK4 Golf Jetta 02-04 2.8 24v VR6 W/ 6SP, 20 LB, FST240SBVR6.20

just under 100k kms on mine and although there is some life left in it when pushed hard off the start doesnt have the same grip level it had . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast