Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK4 radio wiring diagram??

Users Country Flag

MK4 radio wiring diagram??

I'm trying to install a pioneer headunit (DEH-P5150UB) and I have the plug for the for it with all the wires needed but with the factory plug it is ONE plug with 15 wires. obviously 8 wires are the speaker wires but can't seem to find a wiring diagram to explain what the coloured wires are and if I need them all? Any help would be awesome!

Cheers Anthony

I have one somewhere, Ill try find it.
    I did just find it on the net somewhere, so im sure itll still be there also

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    cheers dude, theres 7 wires that I'll struggle with. i think ill need just the power, the ground and arial :/
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    I have one somewhere, Ill try find it.
    I did just find it on the net somewhere, so im sure itll still be there also

MK4 GTI: Custom Code Stage 2, K03S, 42DD exhaust, Bilsteins, whiteline F&R, 312mm brakes
    MK6 GTI: MY13, DSG , very stock
    Ducati 749

Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    cheers dude, theres 7 wires that I'll struggle with. i think ill need just the power, the ground and arial :/
    And the accessory.. There would also be one for illumination.
    VW Bora V6 4motion

the wiring adapter I have is from my old falcon to suit the pioneer. the wires it has are

My harness > Car wires
    -Blue/White Antenna -- (connect to antenna booster)?
    -Yellow 12V+ Battery/con ANT -- (connect to Pink Battery)?
    -Red 12v+ ignition switched -- (connect to Red Accessory)?
    -Black Chassis ground 12v- -- (ground Black)

and obviously 8 speaker wires.

so the Grey ANT output 12v+ ??
    and Orange Dimmer In 12v+ ??

Users Country Flag
    The problem with the MKIV when it originally came with a Eurovox head unit is it already has an adapter. Pull it up a bit and you should find the original 2 piece VW audio harness connected to a Eurovox adapter. Removing the Eurovox adapter should make it much easier to use a standard VW>Pioneer adapter like this one.

Yea but I dont want to go and buy another harnes, waste of $20 just need to know what to do with the other two wires?

I know you said you don't want to waste $20 for another harness but its the best way to do it and whats $20 in the end? Thats the way i did it and if i ever want to go back to stock its just yoink the cables. I beileve the car side is called iso aswell if you wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by djorkboy View Post
    The problem with the MKIV when it originally came with a Eurovox head unit is it already has an adapter. Pull it up a bit and you should find the original 2 piece VW audio harness connected to a Eurovox adapter. Removing the Eurovox adapter should make it much easier to use a standard VW>Pioneer adapter like this one.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Yea but I dont want to go and buy another harnes, waste of $20 just need to know what to do with the other two wires?
    What colour wires do you have on your harness/head unit? Do you only have 12?
    VW Bora V6 4motion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast