Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find the right door lock module? Aftermarket options?

Users Country Flag

Help me find the right door lock module? Aftermarket options?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a quick hand on locating the right part code for my 2001 Bora 4-motion door lock modules?
    I need to search via VIN. Mine is VWVZZZ1JZ1D455077

I have tried to use the two online ETKA guides I have but they have provided part numbers that I cannot find any parts for online. I ordered two modules from ECSTuning only to find after installing the passenger module that the bora key barrel turns the module switch too much and it is both impossible to lock the door via key and when doing so - all windows will wind down.

Has anyone had luck replacing their faulty door lock modules with any aftermarket ones (and lived to tell that tale!) ??
    Really struggling with the idea of having to pay VW $600+ for new pass + drivers ones :'(

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyCarMods
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

-| "Laura" - 2001 Bora 4-motion (now sold) |-

There is a difference between right and left hand drive.I suggest you get a dealer one,at least it will work and come with a warranty and most importantly be the correct one.

Users Country Flag
    I'll dig out the invoice for one I replaced earlier this year and post up the part number in the morning.

Was only $250 from VW, and had been superceded several times.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I didn't realise that the door locks would be different for LHD vs RHD vehicles. How would they be different? The doors are the same no?

Umai Naa - can you check that the part number you were given was either 6X2837014H or 6X2837013H ? Does your golf have central locking? These are codes I found off a forum post during a google search.

What I find strange with these part numbers is that 6X for for a Lupo and not a bora/jetta. Is this the right part numbers?
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

Users Country Flag
    It was ordered for a Bora V6 4Mo Sport.

The 6X prefix is common on all recent revisons of the lock module in it's numerous variations on the MK4 Golf/Bora. I still haven't found the invoice, but I'll have another look tonight.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Left hand drive version from ecs is def. different. I purchased a genuine vw right hand front from ecs and it did not have the key entry mech. In it. Just had a blank off area.
    i have purchased rear doors and they were fine, just the fronts are an issue.

Users Country Flag
    What issues are you having with your door lock module RubAVeeDubDub?

Im in the process of fixing the RHF door lock modules micro switch (Issues with recognising the car is locked/unlocked and having the door jam shut). Often the solder becomes brittle and requires resoldering for better electrical contact.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm having a few issues with my modules.
    My passenger one is bareable with the only issue it not turning the cabin light on when opened. However the drivers on is completely busted - it has never turned the light on, but now it does not open or lock the rest of the doors so I need to use the bootlid lock, it refuses to lock with the interior door lock button and if you dont unlock the doors with the bootlid then if you open the door then it sets the alarm off.

I know of the fialing micro switches, but to be honest, I'd rather go for a new unit. My soldering skills are limited to soldering wires and that's about it. I don't ahve the luxury of trialing my hand at it because if it fails, I'm going to have an immensely bad day.

I've found a site called partsale.eu that sells the part and I can get both genuine modules here for less than $350 delivered,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RubAVeeDubDub View Post
    I'm having a few issues with my modules.
    My passenger one is bareable with the only issue it not turning the cabin light on when opened. However the drivers on is completely busted - it has never turned the light on, but now it does not open or lock the rest of the doors so I need to use the bootlid lock, it refuses to lock with the interior door lock button and if you dont unlock the doors with the bootlid then if you open the door then it sets the alarm off.

I know of the fialing micro switches, but to be honest, I'd rather go for a new unit. My soldering skills are limited to soldering wires and that's about it. I don't ahve the luxury of trialing my hand at it because if it fails, I'm going to have an immensely bad day.

I've found a site called partsale.eu that sells the part and I can get both genuine modules here for less than $350 delivered,
    Do it ... I bought parts from them!! Cheap and OEM !! Slow delivery but you save big $.

Users Country Flag

Hi All

Just wondering if the OP had found the right after market part.

I'm also looking to replace both front door lock modules. The part number I'm supposed to be getting is 6X2837014C (right front) and 6X2837013C (left front) (According to partsales.eu).

thanks

PS. My VIN is WVWZZZ1JZ2P039910
    Last edited by ShortBlack9; 23-01-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: addition of VIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast