Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk4 GTI fuel consumption??

Users Country Flag

Mk4 GTI fuel consumption??

Does this seem high? Taking off at lights (yes it's cold) not as bad when warm but still not great- I understand it's turbo etc but driving it sensibly still
    Seems pretty high? Has gotten up to 70L/100km on just taking off from the lights sensibly haha

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmslwthr View Post

Does this seem high? Taking off at lights (yes it's cold) not as bad when warm but still not great- I understand it's turbo etc but driving it sensibly still
    Seems pretty high? Has gotten up to 70L/100km on just taking off from the lights sensibly haha
    A litre in an hour isn't much. How far do you get out of a tank? I would expect over 500km easily. Those are instantaneous figures not averages.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    When its reads litres per hour you are not moving. 1 to 1.5 per hour is normal idle.
    When driving it will change to litres per 100KM.
    On warm up cycle expect something in the 20s. Moving off the lights mid 30s. Cruising in 4th gear 7-10 litres/100km.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    its a video. Idle with ac on is around the 1.4 mark or so and 0.8 roughly with ac off which obviously seems fine.i just got a bit suprised on a normal take off how high it goes up

Users Country Flag
    Ok saw nothing to indicate a video
    The most I have seen in my Jetta 2.0 (golf has no display) is 48litres/100km, nailing it up hill. The numbers jump around all over the place. You will see 0.00 when going down hill too.

Start taking note of your odometer each time you fill up, work on the overall consumption when you fill up.
    Use fuelly.com to track things if you like.
    In that car city driving, anything under 10 litres/100km is OK.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Got about 400km to 3/4 of a tank on 100oct..will start monitoring my consumption

Users Country Flag
    take a look at www.fuelly.com it is an international website but you can find cars of all makes and models for comparison and you can use it to log your own usage too, I have found it quite handy when car shopping for real world figures

Users Country Flag
    Around town driving normally you should get 550-570 and highway should be able to do 700km-750km.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmslwthr View Post
    Got about 400km to 3/4 of a tank on 100oct..will start monitoring my consumption
    I used to get roughly 550-600 kms per tank, I don't even bother counting now but this 100oct stuff has got my attention. Where do you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    I used to get roughly 550-600 kms per tank, I don't even bother counting now but this 100oct stuff has got my attention. Where do you get it from?
    i usually wouldn't bother paying any attention whatsoever to fuel consumption figures as i couldn't give a crap, the fact that the bloody L/100 is right in front of my eyes and constantly changing its just too hard to ignore haha i wish i could switch it off. I just want to know if somethings wrong , ill have a look at this fuelly site.

United servos you get 100 octane and e85 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast