Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk4 GTI 1.8T Exhaust Options

Users Country Flag

Mk4 GTI 1.8T Exhaust Options

Hi All,

I've been looking at getting a full turbo-back exhaust for my Mk4 GTI 1.8T AGU and I wanted to get some opinions from people who are familiar with that car.

So far the brand I've priced are X-Force and APR. The other popular one which I like (but cant seem to find anywhere) is Milltek. I don't want anything that's super loud but something that has a nice note and can actually be heard (stock is way too quiet). I'm a shift worker to the last thing I want is to wake everyone up on my way to work in the early hours of the morning. I quite like the idea of the X-Force Varex muffler but I'm not convinced, I'd rather a resonated system.

Also, could anyone recommend some places to check out in Sydney, so far I've only called the exhaust places in my area.

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    I'm keen to see the info you find here too mate!

The ones pre made to fit the MK4 Golf 1.8T/GTI I was looking at were going to be ordered internationally, like Billy Boat and 42 Draft Designs. I've found out you can get a 42DD from one of the guys on this forum's business, Carformance, check out the MK4 GTI options:
    VW Mk4 Golf Jetta GTI Turbo-back Exhaust

Maybe we could get a few people together for a decent discount??
    Dark Grey Mk4 Golf, 1.8T GTI conversion, APR stage 1, stock air intake, FMIC, 3" to 2.5" Exhaust, FK AK Street Coils, Black 18" (Avant Garde M310's ?), tinted tails, ...

Users Country Flag
    ^ Yep keen on a 3" 42DD value line downpipe & cat through them if you get something going. (possibly with the 2.5 cat back also) but will probably just mate it to the stock cat back.

Users Country Flag
    Seen a couple of these on golfgti forum, milltek system for dual tip bar like r32 like im going for. Duno how much but looks good

Users Country Flag
    i run a veizu downpipe and race metal cat, with a billyboat 2.5inch SS cat back. sounds amazing. Ill probably remove it entirely in the near future, as i may be passing the GTI onto the missus.
    '02 GTI (clicky) - REFLEX SILVER - VIEZU race tune. VAR design 2.5inch stainless steel dump pipe with 100cell cat into 2.5" billyboat stainless cat back, Forge TIP, N75, Audi DV, ghetto CAI, FK-AK s coilovers, tunerdone LEDs, Clarion CZ301E sound stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Traedayz View Post
    ^ Yep keen on a 3" 42DD value line downpipe & cat through them if you get something going. (possibly with the 2.5 cat back also) but will probably just mate it to the stock cat back.
    count me in as well
    looking at 3" to 2.5"
    let me know if you can get a discount
    1.8T AGU | K04 | GIAC | 380cc | VR6 MAF | Custom Intake | FMIC | TIP | 3bar FPR | N75J | 42DD 3-2.5" TB | GFB DV | FK Highsport | ECS Stage 1 Clutch | OZ FUTURA

Users Country Flag
    keep me posted on that leighaus! I'll take a number hopefully near the front of the line..

yep, 3" to 2.5" seems the best combo, apparently most 3" cat backs are much louder than the 2.5" ones.
    Last edited by kendog; 21-10-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Dark Grey Mk4 Golf, 1.8T GTI conversion, APR stage 1, stock air intake, FMIC, 3" to 2.5" Exhaust, FK AK Street Coils, Black 18" (Avant Garde M310's ?), tinted tails, ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbot View Post
    keep me posted on that leighaus! I'll take a number hopefully near the front of the line..

yep, 3" to 2.5" seems the best combo, apparently most 3" cat backs are much louder than the 2.5" ones.
    The 3" catback will be louder but only when you're on the gas. I had the rare opportunity to hear my car drive away from me last night and at idle and light throttle you can't even hear it 50m away. Remember turbo engines don't need back pressure, so bigger is better.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    The 3" catback will be louder but only when you're on the gas. I had the rare opportunity to hear my car drive away from me last night and at idle and light throttle you can't even hear it 50m away. Remember turbo engines don't need back pressure, so bigger is better.
    Anthony's Polo has a full 3 inch system now, mangaflow silencers. I swear it's quieter than the Milltek. I work shifts too and feel bad either waking neighbours up in the morning or after midnight when I come home.

Can't even mention the S3 I have in my care just now, with only 1 silencer in it....

Off the shelf, 42DD exhausts are pretty good, I have a downpipe on my S3 into the std cat back. Acceptable noise and good for the turbo. I would go for a 3 inch system with the mangaflow silencers in the future.

Gavin

I have the 42DD system in my car (3inch DP mated to the 2.5inch cat back). I'm very happy with mine, its not over the top whilst driving it normally but when you give it a squirt it gets a real growl to it popping and crackling on overrun.
    I got mine from Greg at carformace on. He is a good bloke to deal with and was very helpful
    If you want something that's not overly loud the 2.5 is the way to go.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast