Support VWWC

Thread: MK4 Golf radio code entry help

Users Country Flag

MK4 Golf radio code entry help

Hello,

Recently I had to switch out my battery for my MK4 2002 Golf although I’ve forgotten how to enter the code on the single din (CD) version.

Once the radio is on it says code 1 but as I enter the first digit it will just stay there, is there an enter button or do I just input the full 4 digit code?

I somehow got onto Code 2, and code 3 at some stage but eventually it will give me ——————. I just need to know what button to press once let’s say Code 1 comes up and my first digit is a 4, then a 1, do I input 4,1 and so on? Or do I input 1 digit and click an enter button?

I know my code as well.

Cheers!
    Last edited by vdubz; 05-06-2022 at 10:02 AM.

I haven't had to do it for a long time, not sure if you already have it sorted, but the steps listed below are from my VW audio manual (CD). As you enter each number it is displayed and you then just click the next number, once the 4th number is clicked the unit should unlock, If that's not happening then it seems you may be entering the wrong pin number.

SECURITY RELEASE PROCEDURE

1. Turn ignition to the Accessories position

2. "CODE 1" will appear. The I/O button may need to be pressed.

3. Using the 6 preset buttons enter the supplied 4 digit pin. As each digit is entered, the number will be shown on the display.

4. If the correct pin is entered the unit will become operational.

5. If an incorrect pin is entered "CODE 2" will appear on the display

6. Enter the correct pin and the unit will operate. Should an incorrect pin be entered again "CODE 3" will appear on the display. The unit will only accept the pin once more. Should this attempt be incorrect again the display will show "_ _ _ " and the unit must remain in the vehicle for approximately 1 hour before the unit will allow another 3 attempts. The key can be removed from the ignition during the hour but remember to turn it to accessories when attempting to re-enter the pin. If "_ _ _" still appears on the display you may need to wait a little longer.
    Last edited by No457 Snowy; 10-06-2022 at 06:03 PM.