Support VWWC

Thread: Mk4 Golf Door locked permanently

Users Country Flag

Mk4 Golf Door locked permanently

Hi everyone.

I know this problem has been covered here multiple times (&on VWVortex) and I have read about fixing the microswiches etc etc. But my issue is a different beast.

The problem begun after ignoring my car for a while with its sporadic door locking & not opening issues, I thought it was alright. Although more recently my car has decided to lock the passenger's side door permanently, from both sides (trust me I've tried). Being a 03' Golf Generation, I figured that I would not have the door locking issue. I would fix it but, how do I remove the door panel without destroying the car? (due to the inability to access the underside of the panel).

As fun as it is to force my passengers to jump through the window Starchy & Hutch style, unfortunately its not that safe/convenient. If anyone who has been through this issue please help me out, im trying my hardest not to take it down to a VW dealer/mechanic and pay a load + my soul to get it fixed.

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    before you destroy you trim, its a two man job.

*You need you car running, for extra volts
    Person 1 sits in drivers seat
    Person 2 stands outside passenger door

P1 presses door unlock on the D/S arm rest control.
    p2 grabs at door handle.

Repeat until you get lucky (this was how the pros got mine open).

HOWEVER: have what you need ready, you might not get many chances.
    Secondly, consider, a window reg kit. When you pull the door skin off, you have to remove the glass, and in doing so, if the clips on the window havent been replaced yet, they will likely crumble.

Other than that, all the best. I was in your exact predicament and it set me back 700$ from memory.
    '02 GTI (clicky) - REFLEX SILVER - VIEZU race tune. VAR design 2.5inch stainless steel dump pipe with 100cell cat into 2.5" billyboat stainless cat back, Forge TIP, N75, Audi DV, ghetto CAI, FK-AK s coilovers, tunerdone LEDs, Clarion CZ301E sound stage.

PM if you are looking for: R32 rear sway bar; R32 suspension springs; Euro Headlight switches