Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts

Users Country Flag

MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts

Good evening all, hope you are well.
    I've resorted to creating a profile and asking here because I'm having almost zero luck elsewhere.
    I've just purchased my second Bora 4motion and this one came with a destroyed rear tail shaft joint / coupler.
    After hours of searching I have come up with a part number but its turning up zero available parts;
    1J0521307C
    Do any of you know where we can find tail shaft parts in Australia?
    Or is there other part numbers for Audi/Skoda or other VW models that are compatible that might work?
    Absolutely any help is greatly appreciated as I'm practically at a dead end at the moment...

Users Country Flag
    Looks like 1J0 521 307 D is the current version of that part.

Have you tried the VW dealer at all? Sometimes, they are the only place that can get a weird part like that.

You could also try emailing these guys Volkswagen & Audi Car Parts & Auto Parts. Shop Parts Online Australia
    – VAGPARTS Australia

As a wear item, you might not want to go 2nd hand if you can, but if you found a low KM car at a wrecker it might be the only option if you can't pin down a supplier.

Expensive part by the looks of it, found one here 403 Forbidden

Part is shared with the R32 if that helps.
    Last edited by MIG; 17-07-2022 at 09:26 PM. Reason: extra info
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    I'm with MIG on this one.

P/N is correct. Problem is the only 2 "aftermarket" manufacturers SWAG and FEBI appear to have stopped making them.

here's a few websites you can, try but it looks pricey at OEM.

Volkswagen & Audi Car Parts & Auto Parts. Shop Parts Online Australia
    – VAGPARTS Australia
    (Paul and Dani are great to deal with)
    Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat OEM & VAG parts | oemVWshop
    Auto Parts online, Parts & Accessories catalog, Carparts store - Cars245.com
    403 Forbidden

Febi
    P/N: 19526

SWAG
    P/N: 30 91 9526

Same part does exist in the 8N Audi TT quattro. Probably the 8L S3 and obviously Bora 4motion and Golf R32. If you can find a wrecker that has any of them.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you both for the replies.
    I should have been clearer, I'm well aware of the brands out there eg. SWAG/Imperium/Febi Bilstien and the fact that for both part numbers, they appear to be all discontinued other than "ECS" website that wants almost $700usd.
    I've searched for audi, skoda and VW and also searched similar parts to see if the hole centres might line up from Mk5 golf/passat 4motion but this is highly inconclusive without having the two side by side.
    Everything is a dead end and I've also searched Australia wide wreckers and made contact with a few and so far no one wants to even entertain a second hand item because "iTs a uSed iTeM anD cAnt bE wArRenTed"....

There is a second hand item in the USA on ebay but wont ship to Aus.....
    2004 Mk4 Vw Golf Gti R32 VR6 3.2L Rear Drive Shaft Flex Joint Coupling Oem -A06 | eBay
    Then there's a new one for $900+postage
    VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1K MK5 Rear Axle Propeller Shaft Coupling 1J0521307D NEW GENUINE | eBay

The fact the seller sold me the car in this condition without telling me (and I'm in negotiations to get some of my money back from him) means I'm absolutely not willing to spend $1k++ on a rubber disc damper joint.

I have searched the entire world wide web and sent enquiries to UK, Russia, USA and Australia.

I may have just had a small win with a product found on Alibaba believe it or not hahaha...
    FYI: I have had success in the past on this website when I was trying to get a RenCool remote mount AC compressor for my 500+whp S13 Silvia for a fraction of what they are charged at in Australia; I paid $400 a piece compared to $2k in Aus and got four of them.
    I digress,
    I just placed an order for a "sample" that is referenced to the exact same part number and the item stock image is exactly what I'm looking for to. Cost me almost $200aud shipped!!! Just the only down side is a month until delivery apparently..
    Rear Axle Propeller Shaft Coupling For Vw Golf 1j0521307d 1j0 521 307 D - Buy Rear Propeller Shaft Drive Shaft Flex Disc For Vw Golf,Drive Shaft 1j0521307d 1j0 521 307 D,Rear Axle Propeller Shaft Coupling Product on Alibaba.com

While we are on the subject, does anyone know if the centre bearing carrier is also compatible from the R32 to the Mk4 Bora 4motion?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NAANI?4Motion View Post
    While we are on the subject, does anyone know if the centre bearing carrier is also compatible from the R32 to the Mk4 Bora 4motion?
    I think that part should be 1H0 521 349 shared with the R32
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

yes I agree with this, as it appears to look very similar under the car.
    I have gone ahead and ordered a "JXB Performance" after market billet centre bearing carrier "Mk1 TT/Mk4 R32 Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing Carrier Upgrade" an I managed to negotiate a very handsome discount with the owner operator of the company to be the first to attempt it officially to a Mk4 Bora 4motion 2.8L 6-speed, I managed 30% off and he gave me a guarantee of return and refund if it doesn't fit/work, so quite good customer service.
    here's a link to the product page fyi;
    mk1 TT/mk4 R32 Driveshaft Center Support Bearing Carrier Upgrade — JXB Performance

update;
    I got shafted by the Chinese.....I was told "I uploaded the wrong image sorry" even though it was searched using the correct part number and listed as such.....
    The part they have is the same as everyone else and seems to be the mk5 / gen 2 haldex onwards....
    after arguing with a Chinese woman who cant speak English for an hour I ended up just telling her to just post it! the dimensions appear to be very very close for gen 1 and 2 haldex tail shaft flanges so I cant see how it wont work other than different bolt hole diameter and or bolt hole offset centres....maybe it will work, maybe it wont, can anyone comment on dimensions on 1J0521307C / 1J0521307d VS 1K0521307A

Users Country Flag
    Best I can tell it won't work. The plate on the forward section of the MK5 coupling won't sit flush into the tri shape bolt holes.

If this helps, here is a list of manufacturers and their respective part numbers for the 1J0 (MK4) coupling.

Brand

AKRON-MALO' -170192

ATI - ATFLT006

AUDI / VOLKSWAGEN -1J0521307C

AUDI / VOLKSWAGEN -1J0521307D

AUTEX -913086

AUTEX -911086

DEPA -FLT006

FEBI BILSTEIN -19526

FEBI BILSTEIN -40922

IPD - 41-2081

IPD -41-0081

ORIGINAL IMPERIUM -2357

SWAG - 30 91 9526

SWAG -30 94 092

I did also see Audi MK1 TT tail propshafts for sale on eBay. Mainly in the UK but through eBay global shipping they were actually pretty cheap. eg. 50 quid for the shaft, 38gbp for shipping. That's about $150ish AU.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Gen 1 haldexMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-1-haldex-jpg

Gen 1 couplingMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-1-coupling-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-1-coupling-jpg

Gen 2 haldexMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-2-haldex-jpg

Gen 2 couplingMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-2-coupling-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-gen-2-coupling-jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast