Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mk4 3 door build thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks mate I bought another car with 70.000 on the clock so all the interior bits were like new. I will get some more pics when the car has been cleaned. I went for the first drive today, it goes real good and the suspension handles real nice. The only issue you have is the clutch is starting to slip due to running 21psi suppose to standard boost. Can't wait until I get some wheels it really is going to set it off. Then get all the niggely bits done and then I can start going to some shows.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simonglos View Post
    Thanks mate I bought another car with 70.000 on the clock so all the interior bits were like new. I will get some more pics when the car has been cleaned. I went for the first drive today, it goes real good and the suspension handles real nice. The only issue you have is the clutch is starting to slip due to running 21psi suppose to standard boost. Can't wait until I get some wheels it really is going to set it off. Then get all the niggely bits done and then I can start going to some shows.
    Disconnect the N75 or wind a turn off the actuator Simon. It'll last longer.

Or put a new updated clutch in I will have a phone around on Tuesday.

Here we go this is what I did

Users Country Flag
    Sweet man Ill look on ebay for one! Really sad that someone else has done a conversion and mines still not running! Fml

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simonglos View Post
    Engine looks sweet - good to see original-style Recaros in this as well (much nicer than the sports seats that came later) ... Do they fold forward?

I have just wet vacked up the interior and it has come up a million dollars. No tilt I am afraid but I will transfer of the mechanisms at some point. Still plenty to go but it drivable now which is the main thing.

give it time and you will get their eventually, I had a mk2 vr6 and it went in for years in the end I know the feeling!!! give us a shout if you get stuck on anything.

Users Country Flag
    Yea Ive just spent the weekend looking up a ccm swap with the GTI one and found it wont work.with mine so now I need to find a compatible one!

I haven't put up anything for while so here is what it is looking like at the moment

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast