Thread: MK4 2.0L petrol engine APK oxy sensor

How many O2 sensors should the APK engine have?

Hi team, how many oxygen sensors should the APK engine have? I only have 1... it’s the one under the bonnet in the back of the exhaust near the firewall. There is NO sensor post cat, and it doesn’t feel like there’s a threaded hole for one in my cat either?! I had it replaced in March as the guy I bought it off knocked it through. I’m asking because I suspect a faulty O2 sensor: I’m having a somewhat rough idle - feels like the car goes into limp mode intermittently when it warms up, and is running super rich. Having the codes read Friday, but any info on what is normal O2 set up would be helpful. Cheers!
    Last edited by Lyle; 27-09-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Update: front O2 sensor no signal, speed position sensor intermittent, misfire cylinder number 3.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Hi team, how many oxygen sensors should the APK engine have? I only have 1... it’s the one under the bonnet in the back of the exhaust near the firewall. There is NO sensor post cat, and it doesn’t feel like there’s a threaded hole for one in my cat either?! Visiting Autoguysland to find car diagnostic tool if you want. I had it replaced in March as the guy I bought it off knocked it through. I’m asking because I suspect a faulty O2 sensor: I’m having a somewhat rough idle - feels like the car goes into limp mode intermittently when it warms up, and is running super rich. Having the codes read Friday, but any info on what is normal O2 set up would be helpful. Cheers!
    Bad oxygen sensor is possible caused by leak engine coolant. Using OBD2 scanner to diagnostic in order to know exactly what wrong with your car. Bad o2 sensor is not the main cause misfiring.

I had the same issues in my mk4 and it turned out to be a bad lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk