Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to swap Mk4 Golf for Mk3

Users Country Flag

The temp sender is indeed the little beastie you want. They are only $25 from the dealer so only an extra $15 if you dont want to wait for postage from the UK which I could imagine taking quite some time.

The cable you are looking at is a cheap knock off but should work with VCDS Lite. I would give the versions that the seller is offering a big miss as they are ancient and shareware to boot, VCDS is up to 10.6 or thereabouts. Ross-Tech: VCDS: Downloads: Which One?
    2003 Bora 4Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Okay, so I decided to go down to the dealer today, more than prepared to pay an extra $15 - $20 to not have to wait. Anyway, he got it, it was the right one and turned to me and said it'll be $80. EIGHTY DOLLARS. I told him I'd have to come back for that.

Looks like I'm just going to have to wait for the damn thing. At the very least, I can get one from the US a little more than the British one, if that'll be quicker.

Hey guys,
    Just came across this old thread I made and realised I never finished and I know from my experience when trying to look for solutions online, it can be incredibly frustrating to come across a thread like this.

Anyway, so I bought the green coolant temp sensor as linked before and installed it and voila! Idle settled, didn't shoot up into the 4k range anymore and no more difficult start!
    Even if a little late, thanks for your help!
    Jed.

Users Country Flag
    Glad you got it sorted mate. Its funny how some parts can effect the engine in ways you'd never think logical. Is your got start problem fixed too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    Glad you got it sorted mate. Its funny how some parts can effect the engine in ways you'd never think logical. Is your got start problem fixed too?
    Thanks. And yeah, I've got no more starting problems thank goodness!

Users Country Flag
    cool glad it goes!
    looks like an $80 part saved a mega buck car swap
    My build thread here: 1.6 sr into 1.8T http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...-8t-63249.html

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coralon View Post
    The cable you are looking at is a cheap knock off but should work with VCDS Lite. I would give the versions that the seller is offering a big miss as they are ancient and shareware to boot, VCDS is up to 10.6 or thereabouts. Ross-Tech: VCDS: Downloads: Which One?
    The cheap knock off cable works like a charm with the version that is supplied with it. You can crack the shareware feature of it and it enables all functionality... but for purely scanning and clearing codes you cant go past the cheap ebay cable and software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12