Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking at buying a bora from interstate?

Users Country Flag

looking at buying a bora from interstate?

Hey guys so im expecting my first and well my missus's fiesta just wont cut it so what better excuse but to get her into a VW! Looking for a good 4-motion bora. I went and saw a silver one here in sa but no service books so who knows whats been done as im no expert with them! Ive seen this one but unsure about buying interstate without actually driving it. If anyone could go look at it for me that would be awesome! but im just interested in advice on how I would go about doing so.

Heres one i found lastnight:
    2002 Volkswagen Bora 1J V6 4Motion Silver 6 Speed Manual Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Boroondara Area - Hawthorn East

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers Anthony

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Hey guys so im expecting my first and well my missus's fiesta just wont cut it so what better excuse but to get her into a VW! Looking for a good 4-motion bora. I went and saw a silver one here in sa but no service books so who knows whats been done as im no expert with them! Ive seen this one but unsure about buying interstate without actually driving it. If anyone could go look at it for me that would be awesome! but im just interested in advice on how I would go about doing so.

Heres one i found lastnight:
    2002 Volkswagen Bora 1J V6 4Motion Silver 6 Speed Manual Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Boroondara Area - Hawthorn East

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers Anthony
    Dont hand over any money till you have the keys Was an ACA article on TV last week about Gumtree ads where half deposit was asked for and the person disappeared immediately
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Fares are cheap, line up a few cars to see.
    I wouldn't buy any car without test driving.
    Genuine buyer will be very helpful.
    I sold my bora to an interstate buyer.
    Also don't overlook the V5
    The fiesta will be alright if it's a 5 door and you have a small pram.
    Good luck and congrats on the new bub
    MK4 GTI: Custom Code Stage 2, K03S, 42DD exhaust, Bilsteins, whiteline F&R, 312mm brakes
    MK6 GTI: MY13, DSG , very stock
    Ducati 749

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    If i get a bora it has to be v6 four motion lol anyone near this one? Dont feel like flying over there for one car though but i dont want to **** around in vic or nsw for a weekend and waste money on flights

there was an update to the bora in 2002/2003 to BDE engine and they switched from the looped head rests pictured.
    Get the owner to take a photo of the build and compliance plate so you can see the actual build date.
    low km's and looks in good condition, check major service was done at 80k kms

they are a well built and safe car and get an excellent rating which is the highest rating from TAC based on real crash data

VOLKSWAGEN Bora 2001 - 2.0 1J 4D Sedan 5sp man 2.0L 4cyl Petrol | How Safe Is Your Car

Quote Originally Posted by vwsport View Post
    there was an update to the bora in 2002/2003 to BDE engine and they switched from the looped head rests pictured.
    Get the owner to take a photo of the build and compliance plate so you can see the actual build date.
    low km's and looks in good condition, check major service was done at 80k kms

they are a well built and safe car and get an excellent rating which is the highest rating from TAC based on real crash data

VOLKSWAGEN Bora 2001 - 2.0 1J 4D Sedan 5sp man 2.0L 4cyl Petrol | How Safe Is Your Car
    Whats the major service at 80k km?

Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Whats the major service at 80k km?
    i'll have to check and post a photo of the log book

Ask about haldex servicing as well, that should of been done pretty regularly (correct me if im wrong but every 20-30k).
    Looks like a pretty straight car from the ad tho. I bought mine interstate and just asked heaps of questions over the phone before I flew over to pick it up.

And welcome to the 4mo club
    Last edited by Wighty654; 07-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wighty654 View Post
    Ask about haldex servicing as well, that should of been done pretty regularly (correct me if im wrong but every 20-30k).
    Looks like a pretty straight car from the ad tho. I bought mine interstate and just asked heaps of questions over the phone before I flew over to pick it up.

And welcome to the 4mo club
    As far as ive heard its every 60k, yea ill wait till this other car sells then we can really go looking. Aslong as i know what to look out for cheers wighty

what was actually updated in the bora from 2002 onwards? Besides the move to solid headrests?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast