Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A long time coming, Rob's 4motion turbo build!

Users Country Flag

Good to see another turbo project. Did you get the Sai and Cat deleted out of the software? I would say closer to 30% drive train loss due to 4-motion plus the weight 1500kg depending on interior of the bora. You could also run a 3.5" exhaust or a 3.5" Dp into a 3" exhaust. Let me know you have any questions. Keep up the good work

Cheers J
    Last edited by Mr. JLT; 11-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    SLAM.POKE.TUCK.DROP.DOPE!

No tbh i'm not sure if they have deleted them out of the software, didnt actually occur to me to get them removed. Is there much of a gain to be made? I'll still be running a cat for emissions reasons but i cant see any reason why i couldnt get rid of the Sai.

Finally finished the lower half of the intercooler. I've welded all the lower pipes and will have a couple silicone hump joints connecting them to the upper half on each side to give some flex and movement. No more progress will be made on the cooler side of things till i get the head spacer on and turbo and manifold mounted up! Now its the waiting game for parts from the US, untill then i'll prolly work on getting the head and gearbox off

Good luck with the build buddy.

What have you got in mind of handling mods? Coils, porsche brakes, bigger sway bars...?

Users Country Flag
    you should get your head ported.....
    and lower intake runners to match

No more progress as such to note but the i finally got onto 034 motorsports and my ARP rod and Head bolts are in the mail as is my fueling kit and other goodies from C2

Yesterday my clutch arrived from Ultrarev in the US too, ahhh so many bits arriving!!! Gotta get back onto getting everything happening!

Ah dammit, got my ecu's back from C2 and appears they've programmed my spare with the turbo file but done the immo defeat to my original ecu instead of my spare ecu :/

Dammit... waiting to hear back from c2 now to see what they say.

Users Country Flag
    Have they done a file for the same setup before?

I believe so. The reason i believe they've put the immo defeat on my original ecu is because they've written on the ECU's what they've done to them.

My standard one has written on it "12-01-10 stock ecu" and "12-01-10 C2 Immo Defeat"

My spare one to be used for the turbo software has "12-01-10 C2 stg3 24v 630cc 4"maf"

Thus i am thinking they thought the ecu i wanted re-flashed with the tune was my original ecu thus they didnt need to immo defeat it and that what is actually my original ecu was just a spare that i bought and thus needed the immo defeat done on that instead.

If thats whats happened i'm a bit disappointed because i clearly marked on my standard ecu "Original ecu please dont modify / re-code" and clearly marked my spare ecu as "ecu for re-flash"
    Last edited by WhO; 31-12-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Users Country Flag
    have you tried the ECU yet. Chris is pretty straight fwd!
    SLAM.POKE.TUCK.DROP.DOPE!

I havent been able to since the cars in many pieces! Oh well on the up side if the ECU does need to go back to C2 i guess i can take the opportunity to get the SAI and Cat deleted from the software!

Edit:

Chilled out a bit now, Called C2 today and although i couldnt speak to chris as he's out of the office till next week the guy i spoke to thought that both ecu's had the immo defeat performed on them. I'm still confused as to why they would've immo defeated my standard ecu but oh well as long as the second one has been done that all that matters. Still, i'm looking forward to chris's reply to my e-mail to confirm this but things are looking up again.

Hopefully the SRI intake and head spacer arent too far off so i can get things cracking on

If it wasn't 41 degrees today i'd pull the gearbox off and get that done... oh well, more procrastinating!
    Last edited by WhO; 31-12-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast