Support VWWC

Thread: Location of Compliance Plate

Location of Compliance Plate

Hi Folks, I was hoping someone could help me with a pic showing the exact location of the compliance plate on a MK4 GTI (2004). I know it is in the Hatch area under the carpet on the left side "somewhere", but years ago my car has had Dynamat sound insulation installed in the rear and it's covered the plate. So I was wanting to try to zero in on where it was so I could try locating it and cutting a square out of the dynamat and expose the plate so it could be viewed. Otherwise I'll have to start peeling the Dynamat back (not easy) in an attempt to track it down.

Thanks

Users Country Flag

Does this help?
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Thanks heaps mate, that's a good place to start , I'll see if I can feel the plate around that area.

Snowy

That was it mate, I managed to get it first try, felt the rivets and the outline of the plate and was able to cut it out spot on. Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Thought you sold your car Snowy!
    79 MK1 GLD
    03 MK4 GTI
    94 993 Carrera

G'day Pete, how's things? I did have it up for sale a couple of years ago but ended up deciding against it and just held on to it. Pretty much just an occasional weekend car for me now, crazy low km and spends a lot of time garaged (almost done 70,000 km).

Snowy

Users Country Flag
    70k is crazy! I thought about selling mine but wouldn't get anything for it - 235k doesn't help

I've missed a few of the last autofests, so I haven't caught up with the CBR gang in a while.
    79 MK1 GLD
    03 MK4 GTI
    94 993 Carrera

Same story here, the car's more useful to me in it's current form than the pitiful amount of cash it would be bring by selling.

Snowy