Support VWWC

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: just picked up R32 #42 :D

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks boys! I'm glad I have something less to worry about!
    What about that relay bank? Am I missing one? I thought cause there's a wire bolted to the bottom of it that something is supposed to be there?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2times View Post

merry christmas
    If thats the insert for the opening shown your not getting much airflow over the extra cooler hiding back there !.

so im looking at cleaning my throttle body in the next couple of days. ive found a couple of DIYs for doing it. but one says i have to have vagcom to realign and the other tells me a way to do it with out.

ive been told that the TB realigns itself periodically anyway, do i really need vagcom?

heres the threads if youre interested
    VWVortex.com - DIY - Removing and cleaning a MKIV throttle body (throttle valve control module) (need vag)

Throttle Body clean guide.... Easy method - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club. (dont need vag)

Users Country Flag
    I don't know much about volkswagens, but I'd say that an ecu is more than capable to be able to 'realign' itself, volkswagen or not.

It'll run a bit average for 10minutes and then settle down latter.

I've removed the throttle body wiring and hosing off my 4mo a few times now with no effects to acceleration. She hunts a bit on first start and then all is hunky dory.

I highly doubt your local mechanic would be sitting there "realigning" the throttle body with a VAGCOM after cleaning the TB. Most likely done by the apprentice if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyCarMods
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

-| "Laura" - 2001 Bora 4-motion (now sold) |-

Awesome! Thanks Ruba! I'll be buying the cleaning stuff today and getting dirty tomorrow! Thanks dude!

so cleaned up the TB today. was pretty straight forward. the thing was dirty, pretty dirty, but i dont know how dirty they normally are so dont kow if it was bad or not. car runs well not a huge amount of difference but im happy with the results. when i was buying the cleaning stuff i had a hard time finding Drive By Wire Safe cleaner, all the carby/throttle body cleaner i found said not to use on anything electronic stuff. i ended up getting MAF Cleaner, it destroyed all the dirt no problems with out being harmful.

on a more annoying note, i went to clean my maf at the same time and discovered that the tab for the hot wire has been melted/tampered with. i know these things are sensitive could be causing problems? false readings? anything?
    i have considered replacing it in the hope of fixing poor economy and intermittent flat spot issues... but why and how did it melt?
    heres a pic

after much stuffing around and working out what was the best option today i bought my self a new door lock module from VW.
    i decided to go new because with them all eventually failing i thought i wrecked one would just be a time bomb, also did some research into the cheap ebay jobs and apparently they only last a couple of weeks.
    swappig it out and putting it back together only took a couple of hours so its not that bad. everyting works properly now and ive fixed my bad starting and fuel pump prming issues. i used this DIY from vortex VWVortex.com - DIY - Removing front door parts (door panel, door unlock handle and sideview mirror)

when i bought the module the parts guy said it was listed as needing a separate cable, so i bought that too. what it turned out to be was a replacemnt cable for the outer door handle. the one which comes on the module wasnt for a mk4 golf as it was too long. if your going to diy the door lock module either buy the new cable or reuse your old one, i had to install my new module twice lol

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910