Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you disable Esp Bora 4motion

Users Country Flag

How do you disable Esp Bora 4motion

Hi all, I've installed an R32 steering rack and now suffer with the ESP kicking in. I'd like to disable the ESP. I have VCDS.

My car has the Mk60 abs unit. Does anyone know the code required to disable ESP.

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    from memory I used this from the APR website and it appears to work:

The United States version of the MK6 Golf R comes from the factory without the ability to disable traction control. Clicking the traction control button only disables the ASR (Anti-Slip) feature, but holding the button does not disable the ESP/ESC (Stability Control) like all of the other Golf Rs around the world. Disabling this feature is necessary to professionally drive a Golf R around a professional road course.

This tutorial will give you the ability to have full control over your ESP/ESC system.

Required hardware: Vag-Com cable and laptop with the latest version of vag-com.

Disclaimer: This information is now public domain. Please use caution. For off road use only.

How to enable the ability to turn on and off ESP/ESC through VAG-COM

Turn on the ignition.
    Plug in the vag-com cable into the OBDII port.
    Load Vag-Com and ensure you have the latest BETA release.
    Click "Select" under "Select Control Module."
    Click "03 - ABS Brakes."
    Click "Coding - 07."
    Copy the long coding information from the screen and save it in a safe place. You'll need this information later if you ever need to go back.
    Change Byte 6 from 0 to 8.
    Change Byte 14 from 0 to 1.
    Click "Do It" and if the coding is correct, you'll have the ability to turn ESP/ESC off by holding the traction control button.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    from memory I used this from the APR website and it appears to work:

The United States version of the MK6 Golf R comes from the factory without the ability to disable traction control. Clicking the traction control button only disables the ASR (Anti-Slip) feature, but holding the button does not disable the ESP/ESC (Stability Control) like all of the other Golf Rs around the world. Disabling this feature is necessary to professionally drive a Golf R around a professional road course.

This tutorial will give you the ability to have full control over your ESP/ESC system.

Required hardware: Vag-Com cable and laptop with the latest version of vag-com.

Disclaimer: This information is now public domain. Please use caution. For off road use only.

How to enable the ability to turn on and off ESP/ESC through VAG-COM

Turn on the ignition.
    Plug in the vag-com cable into the OBDII port.
    Load Vag-Com and ensure you have the latest BETA release.
    Click "Select" under "Select Control Module."
    Click "03 - ABS Brakes."
    Click "Coding - 07."
    Copy the long coding information from the screen and save it in a safe place. You'll need this information later if you ever need to go back.
    Change Byte 6 from 0 to 8.
    Change Byte 14 from 0 to 1.
    Click "Do It" and if the coding is correct, you'll have the ability to turn ESP/ESC off by holding the traction control button.
    Cool, you did this to your Bora v6?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    The alternative is to source a clock spring from a MK4 R32. Could be the same from a TT or S3 8L.

I believe the ESP is kicking in because the rotation of the steering wheel (signal sent from clockspring to ESP/ABS etc..) does not match racks travel.

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    The alternative is to source a clock spring from a MK4 R32. Could be the same from a TT or S3 8L.

I believe the ESP is kicking in because the rotation of the steering wheel (signal sent from clockspring to ESP/ABS etc..) does not match racks travel.
    Hey mate, yes that's part of the issue. I've already fitted the clock spring from a mk4 R32 and calibrated it. Apparently you need to upgrade the ABS module and yaw rate sensor too, possibly a few other things. I'll eventually get around to doing that but need to switch it off for now.

Apparently the soft code i require is 20998, i'll give it a go tonight.

Users Country Flag
    Damn! a yaw rate sensor and ABS module as well!

There goes the idea of me fitting my rack. Let us know how you go.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Hi all, I followed the instructions I got from the VCDS FB page and it has worked. All I had to do was subtract 2048 from the soft code number and enter that number. The code has been accepted, it worked! easy as.

Users Country Flag
    Glad you got it sorted mate. Does your ESP stay on solid now instead of flash?

Its off completely, The ESP button doesn't do anything, no warning light on either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast