Support VWWC

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hayden and Cliffos Mk4 R32 build

Users Country Flag

thanks for the brake info mate, they're up there on price for discs and brackets though...

definitely added to my list but my next purchase needs to be an oil cooler unfortunately...

keep the photos coming, awesome thread which you don't see a lot these days...

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    thanks for the brake info mate, they're up there on price for discs and brackets though...

definitely added to my list but my next purchase needs to be an oil cooler unfortunately...

keep the photos coming, awesome thread which you don't see a lot these days...
    No worries, they are a bit expensive. But compared to the shocking two caliper setups that exist or to the ECS kit which struggles to fit 17” wheels, it is a good alternative.
    The positive is that it’s a off the shelf ring replacement, that can be had for around a $100 a pair. So provided there are no hat issues. After a couple replacements you’ll be ahead of a standard disc.

Thanks mate, long live forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm setting up a v6 bora for hillclimbs, would like to know more about the mods you did to the haldex

Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    I'm setting up a v6 bora for hillclimbs, would like to know more about the mods you did to the haldex
    Happy to sell the comp controller to you. I’ve got a few ideas running through my head I want to try.

So today marks the final suspension change. While I’d like to say I’m satisfied with it all, that is not the case. Every day the resentment for the BC coilovers grows. But for now they will stay until I get some use out of them.

Adjustable rear end links. Made from hex bar and rods ends with a few alignment spacers here and there to get everything peachy.

Hopefully with this we’ll be able to get a pretty good suspension/weight setup sorted for the car.

Users Country Flag
    Not sure how many k’s you do in the car mate but those pillow ball jointa (if that right words..) don’t appear to last 5 seconds. Could be good for track only, looks sweet though nice work...

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    Not sure how many k’s you do in the car mate but those pillow ball jointa (if that right words..) don’t appear to last 5 seconds. Could be good for track only, looks sweet though nice work...
    These have a pretty high load rating. Not expecting them to last forever, I just used the cheapest rod ends to test my idea would work/fit.

After some use I’ll switch to the PTFE lined rod ends with dust boots. That should last a lot longer.

Users Country Flag
    no worries mate I just had a bad experience with them on the s3, I think you'll know pretty quickly when they're worn out though...

my gear shift arrived so I'll see how I go with the install but I might pm you for some tips if I'm struggling, hope you don't mind...

That would be great

And so begins the “gone to far” phase.

Still waiting on brakes from Forza/brakes direct that have been “arriving next week” for 3 months. Hopefully get them this year.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast