Thread: EOI: Rear Chassis Brace to suit Mk4 Golf/Bora (as deigned by Vert1 in NZ)

Users Country Flag

EOI: Rear Chassis Brace to suit Mk4 Golf/Bora (as deigned by Vert1 in NZ)

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for the crosspost, but I wanted to make this opportunity available to everyone for whom this is suitable.

I suspect many of you already follow with interest vert1's thread over on VWVortex in which he details the build of his Mk4 Bora R32 Coupe:

VWVortex.com - MK4 Bora R32 Coupe

If you're a close follower, you'd have seen that one of the mods that John has made to the car is the addition of a rear chassis brace, very similar to the old TST Brace (now sold as a Unibrace, I have one of these in my car, the difference is makes is remarkable - the whole rear end of the car feels tighter, there's no creaking as the chassis flexes, and handling is a lot more reliable and predictable.

John has decided to make a run of braces to suit various VW vehilcles (Mk4 Golf and Bora included), and I have asked him if he'd be interested in distributing to Australia, and the answer was affirmative.

So, at present, I'm trying to establish what level of interest there would be from Australian buyers. I'm aiming for a price of AUD$400 plus shipping from Sydney (if you're in Sydney, pickup would be free), plus another $50 or so if you need the nutsert tool (it makes installation a shedload easier).

If you're interested, let me know by PM.

Rob
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Oooh that's tempting...
    And Damn is his 2door R32 Bora Coupe and AWESOME beast.

I'm assuming you mean this one...
    '90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

'07 Eos 2.0 TFSI - Project Eos...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's the one. The logo doesn't have to be the .:R logo, we can finalise that at some stage.

---------- Post added 27-11-2011 at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 26-11-2011 at 09:21 AM ----------

No interest?
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    sounds interesting, but as my car isnt a track car, i just cant justify the money for something i wont get the rewards from.

good luck with the gb though

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by leighaus View Post
    sounds interesting, but as my car isnt a track car, i just cant justify the money for something i wont get the rewards from.

good luck with the gb though
    My car's not a track car either, and it's the Bora, which suffers the issue of the rear movement less than the Golf (the "box" is smaller in the Bora), and the difference is certainly noticable on the road.
    Nothing to see here...

Interested.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's