Thread: VW Bora V6 4 Motion 2003/2004

Users Country Flag

VW Bora V6 4 Motion 2003/2004

Hello Bora fans,

One of the boys runs a VW Bora V6 4Motion R, plated as being built in 2003 with a compliance date of 2004.

Despite my efforts on the internet I am still looking for an answer about this car as on the front radiator grille on the left hand side is a small badge with the letter "R" on it.

So far I have been unable to confirm the relevance of the "R" badge and what it might really mean for this model of VW.

Anybody with an answer out there? Looking for black and white information if you know of anything.

Nice car to drive when I am allowed to do so!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Derek M
    Last edited by Derek M; 11-08-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Derek,
    The Bora R was specific to the Chinese market and even then they were fairly uncommon. It was basically a Golf GTi (1.8t) inside a Bora shell with some R32 body styling. PFA.

They were not offered outside of China so I'd say whatever you have seen over your way is either an Import or more likely just some kids slapped eBay .:R badges on a Bora.

VW Bora V6 4 Motion 2003/2004-capture_borar-jpg
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your input beale187.

The Bora in question is a V6 4Motion edition and is a spirited drive.

Recently I have also been thinking, as you mentioned, that somebody has stuck an .:R badge on it for fun. I hope to closely inspect the car next week. A photograph of the .:R badge on the grille does not scream factory fitting. Time will tell!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Inspection of the vehicle showed that the .:R badge was very easily removed and replaced in the grille.

Now of the conclusion that a previous owner had inserted the badge.