Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay fk ak coilovers, HELP!!

Ebay fk ak coilovers, HELP!!

So I've been looking at getting fk's for a while now and this afternoon found an add on ebay but it's all in German and i'm a bit hesitant and sending money out on an add that I don't understand haha
    It looks like they're legit and at a really good price!
    Just looking for some insight from my fellow dubbers, should I buy them?, link is below.

Otherwise, where has everyone else purchased their fk's from?
    Cheers

FK AK Street Gewindefahrwerk Golf 4 IV Bora Variant Limo Skoda Octavia 1U | eBay
    Last edited by danegti; 24-07-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Users Country Flag
    seems fine... 50 more euros for shipping.
    '02 GTI (clicky) - REFLEX SILVER - VIEZU race tune. VAR design 2.5inch stainless steel dump pipe with 100cell cat into 2.5" billyboat stainless cat back, Forge TIP, N75, Audi DV, ghetto CAI, FK-AK s coilovers, tunerdone LEDs, Clarion CZ301E sound stage.

Users Country Flag
    i'd love to find out if anyone has had any luck with these. Shipping for a set of JOMs from england is as much as the coilovers itself
    01 MKIV GTI ME7 converted hybrid k04
    08 MKV GTI Daily driver duties
    I have serious VAG issues.

Users Country Flag
    Im also really interested^^^. I found the same link two days ago and sent him a message asking about the item and how warranty may work with purchasing from him, still awaiting a reply... For that price i don't think anyone can go wrong but i am also hesitant about it.

Would someone be able to give me some insight on how these handle in a mk4 golf? (ie. ride quality, road feel, stiffness etc..)
    Being my first car i've never experienced coilovers, only lowered springs and shocks in other cars. These seem like a good buy so anything would be of help. My car is in some serious need of low aha!
    Sorry for hijacking your thread dane!
    Last edited by caputo9; 24-07-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    MK4 GTI - Reflex Silver - <<<Click for Build!<<<
    -Previously Owned a MK4 1.6L Golf - Reflex Silver

Quote Originally Posted by danegti View Post
    So I've been looking at getting fk's for a while now and this afternoon found an add on ebay but it's all in German and i'm a bit hesitant and sending money out on an add that I don't understand haha
    It looks like they're legit and at a really good price!
    Just looking for some insight from my fellow dubbers, should I buy them?, link is below.

Otherwise, where has everyone else purchased their fk's from?
    Cheers

FK AK Street Gewindefahrwerk Golf 4 IV Bora Variant Limo Skoda Octavia 1U | eBay
    What do you want out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by caputo9 View Post
    Im also really interested^^^. I found the same link two days ago and sent him a message asking about the item and how warranty may work with purchasing from him, still awaiting a reply... For that price i don't think anyone can go wrong but i am also hesitant about it.

Would someone be able to give me some insight on how these handle in a mk4 golf? (ie. ride quality, road feel, stiffness etc..)
    Being my first car i've never experienced coilovers, only lowered springs and shocks in other cars. These seem like a good buy so anything would be of help. My car is in some serious need of low aha!
    Sorry for hijacking your thread dane!
    They will be firm being fk s lower end stuff.
    You get what you pay for really
    Handeling goes out the window in a mk4 once you go 20mm or so lower then factory height (when the springs were fresh from factory), so don't even turnabout that.
    Won't get much cheaper then that in any brand

Users Country Flag
    Thanks dylan!
    Im considering them! Being a first car and also daily with a low budget these must be the best bang for buck.
    I would be looking at a 50mm or more drop so coils would probably suit me best. Every forum ive read where people buy springs, they end up disappointed with he height and want to go lower.
    After looking at the link would you say theres nothing wrong with purchasing them through this guy and is safe?

Thanks again for your help.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    MK4 GTI - Reflex Silver - <<<Click for Build!<<<
    -Previously Owned a MK4 1.6L Golf - Reflex Silver

Users Country Flag
    I run them. I paid about $400 delivered from the UK. They feel like coil overs and are height adjust only. Don't expect any warranty. Mine have been fine for a couple years now.

Take the plunge pussy

I'm pretty keen on buying these! What are your thoughts caputo???

They were on the red polo when I bought it a few months back. I'd driven the car back in september on the track and knew the suspension sucked at that point. Lacked feel and grip. The car was probably lowered too much for the suspension, so the helper springs were near completely compressed - perhaps if they weren't as low they may not have shagged out so quickly... I'd get a lot of secondary movement on all bumps which was understandable when I pulled them out as there was no rebound in the struts. From recollection they'd probably done less than 20,000kms. Driving down the highway was a sea sickening experience and handling uninspiring. I honesty avoided highway driving when I bought the car as it'd float along. Similar experience to running standard struts on springs that are too low and shot out.

You get what you pay for, I can't stress that enough and would look elsewhere. I believe there higher level stuff may be better and not reflective of my experience. Search other forums, there's barely a positive review unless all you want is the car low.

I bought the H&R's from orangetuning in germany, the fellow was great, pricing was the best I found and arrived very quickly. Perhaps check out their combinations. e.g. a H&R cup kit.
    Last edited by seangti; 25-07-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast