Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi

Quote Originally Posted by PassionGarage View Post
    wooo, thank god theres still some stuff poppin in the fourms !! Will be doing a new one for the bora
    Do iitttt.
    I just use it for record keeping more than anything. Hopefully few peeps get a kick/read out of it at the same time

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

Anyone know of any other vws with a bracket like this in Australia?

It's a factory boost pipe between the intercooler and manifold with a bracket fixed to the top to hold the fuel lines, wiring and p/s line.

Did some googling, Polo 9n3 looks different, mk5 TDI may be usable, Skoda looks to be one piece but I could cut the pipe off I guess
    Would love to get the bracket only and fix it to my aftermarket hard piped just to tidy things up. I feel this one is just stuck on but I'm hesitant to force in incase I break the factory pipe.

First time in the daylight since the start of August.
    Haven't really needed to drive during covid and the handful of times I have I've taken the CC

Gave it a hose and got some charge on the battery.

Have been slowly pulling the interior apart in preparation to do the headliner. I also need to replace the aerial base (glue as gasket, Whyyyyyyyy??), fix atleast one of the sunroof drains, run the keyless remote aerial, and maybe the Sat Nav aerial instead of the standard aerial mentioned above.

Somehow this turned into realigning the hatch (not a fun task in your own). Seems between panel repairs and baby seat harness points being fitted everything was a bit of a mess.
    Boot seems to have stopped leaking and looks a much closer fit to pictures online so that's a positive.

The vw badge has never really say flush so pulled that off... It's had a half baked repair to glue the Chrome back on and then been painted around.
    Bit of a mix using a spare I had and it's back on.
    Next will be to replace the number plate nurserts (been drilled out...), repair the interior trim tabs, new tail light, tail light gaskets and washers. Check alignment again.

Not much happening.
    Cleared the two rear sunroof drains and checked for leaks. One was slow and the other blocked so worth the effort.

Reinstalled with the nipples as I figure if it's taken 18 years to get that bad it won't hurt having them

All 4 now drain, the front drivers is draining to the outside of the car but not from where it should be...

Found plenty more dirt and filth.
    Car smells and feels "fresher" inside
    Repaired/replaced a heap of mounting points and clips on the interior trim. So fingers crossed less rattles

Finally allowed to take it for a decent drive, seems the boost leak I fixed made a decent difference. Suspect there is another on the lower part of the car so will need to get it in the air.

Last edited by dylan8; 08-11-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Installed a factory short shifter.

Picked up a 280mm rear setup second hand and have been having second thoughts on the r32 brakes.
    Might stay 312mm fronts and will use whichever is lighter of the 256 vented and 280 solid rears. Will be plenty of stopping power for the future setup and be a better combination of looks and weight

Grey Recaro front seats in, if anyone has some blue recaro fronts they want to swap or sell please let me know.
    Not going to fit the recaro rears as my wagon came factory with no rear head rests and is far more convient that way. Will eventually get everything trimmed to match

Fitted some new oil filler cap seals so I can reinstall the extension betwee the oil cap & rocker cover

NOS floor mats with heal support for the driver.
    Last edited by dylan8; 09-01-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Great work Dyl, would love to see more pics!

Didn't know the rear wags came with no headrests, wish mine were the same, the headrests are a pain. If you had to run them you can always go the US spec low profile ones (which is what I have) but it's pointless once you fold the seats down anyways, they still have to be removed.

I'll keep an eye out for any blue recaro's that may come across my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    Great work Dyl, would love to see more pics!

Didn't know the rear wags came with no headrests, wish mine were the same, the headrests are a pain. If you had to run them you can always go the US spec low profile ones (which is what I have) but it's pointless once you fold the seats down anyways, they still have to be removed.

I'll keep an eye out for any blue recaro's that may come across my desk.
    Cheers. I'll give it a wash first. Got some different wheels ready to go on, might save pictures until then.

I think most have them headrests. Just because basic models like mine don't have them. Believe some hatches came without them overseas too.

Fitted up the new rears along with some used but much fresher Bendix pads I had laying around.
    Had a fight with the passenger side stub axle, everything was rusted hard shut like the drivers side. So new wheel bearing and stub Axle from the bora went on.
    Didn't think about it until fitting but the disc offset on the 280mm rears makes them sit a long way back so dust shields had to go.

Ordered a genuine passenger front door lock/ mechanism so fingers crossed that sorts my non functioning lock and all should be sweet for the first time since owning the car

Photos:
    232 solid vs 256 vented vs 280 solid
    On the car

Wheel with no cap the 280mm rear, wheel with cap 312mm front

Last edited by dylan8; 27-01-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Brakes feel good so far compared to before.. Did some long & hard stops in the dry down mount dandenong to wear the crust off the rotors. Keen to give it a fluid flush in the future.

Installed the new door mechanism. Works a treat from the drivers door lock now. However, when pressing the interior lock button on the drivers door, the passenger door locks and then unlocks quickly. Not sure what the deal is here. Maybe the aftermarket controls on the drivers door.

Found the door card and window reg has been off before. Wiring clips all pulled out from the loom tape. All the gaskets and seals missing so stole a few from the bora and tried to make it as oem as possible.

Puddle light is still flashing. Seems the bulb is too short for the pins and completely unrelated to the door lock after all.

Fitted a new genuine bonnet pull as mine was broken from day one.

Finally received this in the mail after orginally being sent the wrong item.
    NOS fold out liner that protects the rear bumper from scratches etc. Not something I plan on using often but will come in handy.

Next up, rear beam bushes, steering rack bushe (someone sell me a TT/R32 rack please!l), subframe bushes, sway bar bushes and some spacers to correct the angle of the swaybar end links. Hopefully whole car feels a bit fresher.

Got a knock/noise at slow speeds from what I assume is the front strut top bushes, will be a bit annoyed if the Powerflex have failed after such a short amount of time. Might go back to genuine or look into camber tops again if that's the case.

Last edited by dylan8; 01-02-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Not much to update

Tail light upgrade.
    Orange to oem clears. Need to play with the alignment a bit

Two fighting possums fell out of the rafters while I was still sitting the car and trashed the paint on the bonnet. One of the claw marks is down to the metal

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast