Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi

Users Country Flag

2 in the same place. Again. Must be common.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    2 in the same place. Again. Must be common.
    Fingers crossed will have photo evidence of 3 together soon..

Excuse the filthy car.
    Finally did the rear wiper delete. Rather than do the usual trick of blocking the hose I swapped out the water pump for one with a single outlet. Save the risk of it leaking in the hatch.
    Wiper was rusted on there well.
    Was going to install the 5.5l washer bottle while I was there but is tight with the larger pipe work which means its going to cause issues with future setup

Also wired up my genuine Hella fogs to run as oem off the headlight switch.
    Seem to be running a bit short on power so need to check out what's going on there.

Still trying to sort new headlight lenses.
    4th set I've purchased arrived and they look like they have been moulded with a potato.
    Horrible shapes/edges, bubbles and pitting. Wouldnt put them on pov pack headlights so no chance they are going near the Xenons

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

i just read this whole build thread, awesome build Dylan cant wait to see this thing around after this lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by kkkevin29 View Post
    i just read this whole build thread, awesome build Dylan cant wait to see this thing around after this lockdown
    Cheers! Stoked to see someone still loves a build thread (even if not much is happening in this one)
    Was hoping to get something a bit more exciting underway during lock down but not much happening so far.

More minor changes
    Fitted a 12v socket in the boot. Due to current air ride gauge locations I had no where to charge phones etc.
    Lucky, the factory wiring was hidden away (hope that's what it is anyway)
    Tried to get in on factory location based on some pictures for reference, cheers thestu.

Also sick of waiting for headlight lenses for the xenons thought I'd have a play around with the stock ones. Can't upload the video so you'll have to deal with the poorly exposed photo. One done. Need to get some extra wire and some jbweld or similar to finish them off.

Used clear lenses so will track down my chrome plated bulbs finish them off.

Hoping to have a go at Graemes bmw DRL mod on these too as a practice run before I mess with the xenons

Not a huge fan of the oem RC cap tool. It has too much flex and feels like its going to break.
    After being stuck not being able to take an RS cap off with a flat tyre before, I don't want to be in that situation again.

Had these made up in blue to match the car rather than the standard BBS black

Charged the battery and put it all back together.

Remembered I had this grill stashed away.
    Slowly getting all the bits in one place ready for paint.

Just need to sort my rear valance once shipping relaxes after covid and his is basically how it should look but with clear or blue indicators and the votex front lip

��holy cow that thing is gonna be cool once its done. i actually liek this grill, havnt seen many grills that actually look good for the mk4 but this one is nice.

Users Country Flag
    wooo, thank god theres still some stuff poppin in the fourms !! Will be doing a new one for the bora
    Passion Garage
    - Grab Stickers/Merch - We can also source parts, refurb wheels, install Coilovers -

Quote Originally Posted by kkkevin29 View Post
    ��holy cow that thing is gonna be cool once its done. i actually liek this grill, havnt seen many grills that actually look good for the mk4 but this one is nice.
    Fingers crossed! It's a fair way away though. Really hesitant to get paint done with the current garage. Will prob just get some bits done to start with and give it a good polish

Yeah it's up there with my prefered golf grills. There is some odd ones out there.
    Bora has a much nicer range.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast