Support VWWC

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi

Drives very nicely Dyl. Good work. Thanks again for letting me pilot to DoVW.
    Mk3.Mk4.Mk1
    My Mk1 Project

Quote Originally Posted by madglf3 View Post
    Drives very nicely Dyl. Good work. Thanks again for letting me pilot to DoVW.
    Cheers for taking it!

dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi-imag1662-jpg

Gave the votex lip a blast with the nearest rattle can and slapped it on. Subtle enough but a bit of eye candy for those in the know.

Also mocked up the Hella fogs and they seem to clear the intercooler so I'll start to run the wiring for those.

Wanted to have this done for Christmas holidays (stock suspension in the front is woeful) but doing adult things and now Kirsts CC cooking a fuel pump it will be on hold for a few weeks.

One of my old 3 gallon tanks fits perfectly with a 18" space saver
    dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi-imag1778-jpg

Hoping to run a single 3gal with 2x444 compressors for now. Half the tank compacity I had in the bora but should be still enough to get a full lift without triggering a tank refill. Dual compressors on a tank that size is over kill but I like the fact if one failed id still be covered. Refill time should be super quick too pending how the tank feed us setup.

Later I'll upgrade to a new system (air technology has come along way since I ordered my kit in ~2011) which will see a 5gal tank go in with a single oem style compressor. This will give more trunk storage space back and hopefully a cleaner install.

Iv also purchased a second pair of BY front struts. These ones are the sister pair to mine I believe and came into the country at the same time (the only mk4 BY here?). So be able to do any service work to one set out of the car while not being left stranded

So finally working out some fuel economy.
    I've done 500km (~310miles by my clocks) to less than 30l which is 6lt per 100km. Car needs some new tyres, an alignement, and a new thermostat. Most was urban driving and short trips too with me giving it a boot full so will be improve on the open road.
    Happy with 6s for around town, any less will be awesome

Users Country Flag
    That is really good.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    That is really good.
    Pretty happy with it.
    Actually got it down to 5.8lt per 100. Seems I jumped the gun on how much was left. Beats paying for sniff in the VR

Users Country Flag
    Yep, it is one of big reason the Caddy TDI as my daily drive and the Golf Mk5 TDI as my wife's daily. I average 6.3-6.5 l/100km while the wife averages 6.9 l/100km commuting around Canberra. I have gotten the Caddy down to 5.8 l/100km when doing highway runs to visit family interstate. Every so often I get tempted to look at a GTI but then I remember the cost of having to fill up on 98 RON weekly/fortnightly and the temptation disappears.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Yep, it is one of big reason the Caddy TDI as my daily drive and the Golf Mk5 TDI as my wife's daily. I average 6.3-6.5 l/100km while the wife averages 6.9 l/100km commuting around Canberra. I have gotten the Caddy down to 5.8 l/100km when doing highway runs to visit family interstate. Every so often I get tempted to look at a GTI but then I remember the cost of having to fill up on 98 RON weekly/fortnightly and the temptation disappears.
    The TDI are just so good. Not like we can use decent power anywhere in aus anyway.

Drive back home with a boot full of stuff and a bike on the roof did a 6.3lt per 100 average I think.

My sister arrived from SA with some goodies from RolfGolf. Cheers mate!
    Had 5mins spare so fitted a few things that had been really bugging me.

Excuse the mess. I'm replacing most of the interior in the future so haven't bothered getting it immaculate
    5spd Rline shifter fitted.
    dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi-img_20181228_152343-jpg

Solid antenna
    Radio signal wasn't great, not sure if it was the ecs stubby or just country reception. Will find out.
    dylan8 mkiv gsw tdi-img_20181228_152410-jpg

Brushed drivers door controls to match the polo switch.

Nice man!!
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast