Support VWWC

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubster's 1.8t conversion build

Users Country Flag

Great work
    Those clutch kits are good

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks eri! Yea i didnt know how good these were so i thought to only go stage 1 first.

Been busy with work and the golf so havnt had time to update. So much catching up to do! So since the last update,

Sold majority of the GTI but couldnt move the trims, seats, carpet and trims so I decided to swap out my hideous cream interior with all the black trim!
    Also fitted the leather hand brake, us centre console and custom fitted the petrol cap button

Found time to fit my R32 steering wheel! Feels so much chunkier than the stock 4 spoke!

Been researching about interior trim, as mine was standard is was all peeling and was too plain. Couldnt justify the price for R32 trim so after a little bit of searching on ukmkiv and found out about net optic trim. Can sand it down to look like aluminium trim but so much cheaper! Found some on ebay uk and bought it straight away!

It arrived and went straight to work with the wet and dry sandpaper.

Also gave the handles a coat of paint to freshen them up

All done! Clear coat to seal if and installed it.

Last edited by dubster99; 13-02-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Found a cheap genuine rear bar! Had it shipped down from queensland! Even though it was black I couldnt help myself so I fitted it. A couple of weeks untill volkswagen day and I got it painted! Straight after the whole car got a cut and polish!

Users Country Flag
    wow looking good mate!!
    needs angry eye bonnet lip!

but more importantly how do I get ahold of said interior trim pieces?? mine are all roasted(the door handles)

Cheers blackers! Yea im keen to get one when its running sweet and ive got everything else sorted lol

The trim pieces i got from ebay uk. Im fairly certain you can find the net optic over here from some boras.

So after I replaced the timing belt/ water pump, ecs stage 1 with lightened flywheel snd new throw out bearing on the 20V the engine I installed it into the golf. Pretty straight forward. Same mounts as the 1.6 and majority of plugs matched. The only concern was the miss matching plugs that plug into corresponding plugs under the wiper motors. Ended up leaving a black plug which never actually affected the car. I pressume its for climate control and sunroof controls.

I did have a problem actually starting the engine. Car would click but not pop and bang. Had the gearbox off numerous of times to check if flywheel was fouling on bellhousing as some of the casting are a few mm smaller in diameter and need to be grinded. Turns out the throw out bearing and clutch fork was back to front. Doh!!

After a while of running it it had a missfire issue so new plugs went it but did not fix the issue. Then on the day before new years this rattle came from the engine and pulled it right off the road. Thought maybe the miss fire issue was due to a defected ignition amplifier and maybe have done further damaged. Sump came off and found a piece of plastic was in the oil pick but no metal shavings. Pulled of end caps snd the bearings were fine so its off to Volksfactory this week for them to diagnose the problem.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Been researching about interior trim, as mine was standard is was all peeling and was too plain. Couldnt justify the price for R32 trim so after a little bit of searching on ukmkiv and found out about net optic trim. Can sand it down to look like aluminium trim but so much cheaper! Found some on ebay uk and bought it straight away!

It arrived and went straight to work with the wet and dry sandpaper.

Also gave the handles a coat of paint to freshen them up

All done! Clear coat to seal if and installed it.

Any chance you have the link to the trim? My mk4 is in desperate need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just type in net optic on either ebay.com or ebay.co.uk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast