Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting out

Users Country Flag

Cutting out

I have an issue with my 1.8t golf and can not figure out what is going on. I was driving back from the next town and all of a sudden as soon as the car comes on boost its misses chucks out loads of smoke then dies. Then after cranking the engine for a while it finally starts and then goes again.
    I had a brand new k03s turbo in he garage so I bolted that on done a compression check and started it run fine revs fine idles fine with no miss. But as soon as I drive down the road and he car comes on boost the thing starts to sprool up then tons of smoke comes out the back and it dies again. No idea what is going on.
    Please please someone help me!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simonglos View Post
    I have an issue with my 1.8t golf and can not figure out what is going on. I was driving back from the next town and all of a sudden as soon as the car comes on boost its misses chucks out loads of smoke then dies. Then after cranking the engine for a while it finally starts and then goes again.
    I had a brand new k03s turbo in he garage so I bolted that on done a compression check and started it run fine revs fine idles fine with no miss. But as soon as I drive down the road and he car comes on boost the thing starts to sprool up then tons of smoke comes out the back and it dies again. No idea what is going on.
    Please please someone help me!!!!
    Do you have a boost gauge on it? What's that get to with the N75 disconnected from the harness?

Most likely is a monster boost leak. Lots of air measured by the MAF but not all going to the cylinder. So the ECU injects 100hp worth of fuel for 50hp worth of air. massively rich mixture.

gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I don't have a boost gauge I will have good look around and see if there are any splits in the pipe. That all makes a lot of sense

Users Country Flag
    Or a pipe blown off. If it runs ok off boost as a normally aspirated engine, it's a pretty safe bet there's a leak somewhere I have found in the past

Ok I had a look at all the pipes and they all seemed good, I might have a good look at the intercooler tomorrow and see if it has hole. Unpluged the n75 and it isn't as bad.

Users Country Flag

I will get it on a hoist tomorrow and spray brake cleaner around all the pipes

Issue sorted there was water sat in the bottom of intercooler from the cold air feed every time you put your foot down it sucked a bit more water blew out tons of smoke and bogged haha

Users Country Flag
    Water in the cooler? Weird

Users Country Flag

What the hell.... how on earth did you not blow your motor? Do you have your cold air feed dragging on the ground or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast