Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Couldn't resist

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I'm slowly getting the new car ready for rego. One of the first things fixed was the boot.

Couldn't resist-20200308_1-jpg

Took it off with all the wiring left behind, ready to be put into the boot off the other Bora.

Couldn't resist-20200308_2-jpg

I made sure to swap the lock so I don't need 2 keys.

Couldn't resist-20200308_3-jpg

I still need to get the dimples out of the guard but the new boot looks heaps better.

Couldn't resist-20200308_4-jpg

Next on the list was to fix the headlights so at least I can have high beam and get low beam working for both headlights. You wouldn't believe the rats nest that was in there.

Couldn't resist-20200308_5-jpg

It's so handy having a spare car to get bits off. The downside is putting all the dud parts off the good Bora back on the spare parts car.

Here's both cars with my MK3 daily. You can see how low the new one is with the Pedders springs in the back.

Couldn't resist-20200308_6-jpg

Still to do:

Put the standard rear springs in for rego. When it's passed rego I'll pull them out and put in the Pedders in the front and back so it sits nice and low.
    Find and fix the cause of the warning light on the dash for the traction control.
    Replace all 4 brake disks.
    Find and fix the slight play in the front end when I wobble the front right wheel.

That should be everything needed for rego.

Once it's passed I'll get these 17's on.

Couldn't resist-s-l800-jpg

Should look good on the car.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by sports racer; 30-04-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    I'm slowly getting the new car ready for rego. One of the first things fixed was the boot.

Couldn't resist-20200308_1-jpg

Took it off with all the wiring left behind, ready to be put into the boot off the other Bora.

Couldn't resist-20200308_2-jpg

I made sure to swap the lock so I don't need 2 keys.

Couldn't resist-20200308_3-jpg

I still need to get the dimples out of the guard but the new boot looks heaps better.

Couldn't resist-20200308_4-jpg

Next on the list was to fix the headlights so at least I can have high beam and get low beam working for both headlights. You wouldn't believe the rats nest that was in there.

Couldn't resist-20200308_5-jpg

It's so handy having a spare car to get bits off. The downside is putting all the dud parts off the good Bora back on the spare parts car.

Here's both cars with my MK3 daily. You can see how low the new one is with the Pedders springs in the back.

Couldn't resist-20200308_6-jpg

Still to do:

Put the standard rear springs in for rego. When it's passed rego I'll pull them out and put in the Pedders in the front and back so it sits nice and low.
    Find and fix the cause of the warning light on the dash for the traction control.
    Replace all 4 brake disks.
    Find and fix the slight play in the front end when I wobble the front right wheel.

That should be everything needed for rego.

Once it's passed I'll get these 17's on.

Couldn't resist-s-l800-jpg

Should look good on the car.

Cheers

Paul
    Nice work mate, that's a fair amount of work! Hopefully you had someone to help you with the boot and bonnet!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    That's some nice work Paul. Swapping parts, donor cars, working on grass... feel your pain right there.

is the play in the front wheel, is it horizontal play? vertical? or all directions?

As for the traction control, hit me up when your free and/or in around Sydney and I'll scan it with VCDS. I had similar problems with one of my 4mo's.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

The play is horizontal, there's a faint clunk when I move the wheel. It's almost nothing to worry about but with the car being out of rego for over a year and needing to get a blue slip I don't want to give the inspectors anything to complain about.

If I could get the car to you I'd love to take up your offer but Catch 22. I need it registered to get to you but I can't get it registered until I fix the issue that you can help with.

Users Country Flag
    Ball joint or tie rod end at guess. If it's a wheel bearing they're be play all over the place, the noise is different also.

traction control light can be caused by so many things it's ridiculous. ABS sensor, haldex, yaw rate sensor etc... besides the light any driveability issues? rear wheel locking up? or ABS light flashing ocassionally?
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

I'll have a good look for the source of the noise this weekend if the weather holds off. Max of 7 degrees today at Braidwood.

I've got a cheap scanner, I'll see what code it brings up. At a last resort I'll swap ECU's and see if the warning light goes away. Car drives perfectly despite the light being on.

The right side of the steering rack needs to come off, that's where the play is.

I replaced the front discs but it's too cold after 4pm to keep doing work so I'll try to get the tie rod off next weekend.

Couldn't resist-20200717-jpg

And I finally got the wheels from Newcastle. Canberra guy was getting a car up there and threw them in his ute. I just had to visit him twice because he couldn't open the tray on the ute.

Couldn't resist-s-l801-jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456