Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bora R32 Build Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post

Next up, rear shocks and springs!
    The easy part!!! woop woop getting there Mr

Users Country Flag
    Make new keys? No need. Expensive too. When replacing ECU, need to match it's VIN num to previous old ECU.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ren922 View Post
    Make new keys? No need. Expensive too. When replacing ECU, need to match it's VIN num to previous old ECU.
    Sorry, I'm confused by this? I didn't mention making up new keys...
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Long time between updates and a lot has happened. House reno's, selling a house, buying another house, work, Chinese viruses everything. Haven't picked up wrench in like 4months. I did however purchase this towards the back end of the 2019.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_1194-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_1665-jpg

Some of you know the car, other may not. 2003 Bora 4motion, fitted with a MK5 BUB R32. Schrick 264/268 cams and a bunch of other ****. It needs a lot of work but mainly little things. Where this leaves the current project I'm not quite sure at this stage. May not go ahead, may be a slow s/c build or I may throw everything at this one considering most of the hard work is already done.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Very nice! I'd love to put an r32 motor in mine...... Any details on the suspension set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Gez110 View Post
    Very nice! I'd love to put an r32 motor in mine...... Any details on the suspension set up?
    BC BR Coilovers, about 20mm drop and 20mm ECS spacers at the rear. Looks great but at +300kms a week in traffic, the **** is too low for me haha

how many mk4s is that?

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    how many mk4s is that?
    2x V5, 1x R32 as for 4motions... I have legit lost count haha, occupational hazard brother

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, that would wear a bit thin. Can't you wind the coilovers up to give more clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gez110 View Post
    Yeah, that would wear a bit thin. Can't you wind the coilovers up to give more clearance?
    That's the plan I'm thinking I might take it up 10-15mm, unfortunately the more time I spend with it the more things I find I have to fix. Had it 3-4 months now and I've already had to change the brake m/c and recently the n/s driveshaft and when doing this noticed the pinch welds are completely f#^%ed. So they'll have to be repaired also, made it impossible to jack up.

But... I did have the shop fit R32 brakes all round when they did the m/c and over the weekend FINALLY fitted the Oettinger RZ's.

Could do with a clean but this is how they look.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_1715-jpg

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast