Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bora R32 Build Thread

Users Country Flag

When I've got my Oettinger 4MO registered I'm going to have to come see you to talk cars.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Anytime mate

Didn't think it was going to make it back on the road after the wheel falling off.... Be good to see it back in action!
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Wheel was an easy fix. Been doing a bit of swapping parts off the other 4MO, hope to get it registered soon.

Had some time over the past few weeks to begin finally installed some bits I've had in storage for years. Spent about 1.5 weeks doing a full Leatherique resto on the R32 seats.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2134-jpg

Drivers 1 treatment - Passenger 3 treatments. Feels such much soft, the wrinkles / cracking really came up to the surface and smoothed out, especially on the bolsters and lower section (where the back of your knees would be)
    Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2079-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2094-copy-jpg

Thought I'd give the car a good details before installing these only to notice the .:R floors mats are twist type and my car had the push type plugs. That's when this happened.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2315-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2326-jpg

fml...

NEXT....

Received a bunch of goodies in the post, of which was the smoked US spec GLi tails.

Went to fit them only to find there is no provision for fogs

So took some measurements and using a 29mm hole saw cut the backs out, sanded and cleaned.

Hole in the bottom left is the new addition.
    Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2288-jpg

Got them fitted, unfortunately the LH fog isn't working. Tried changing bulbs, bulb holders... Only thing I can think of is if the LH / RH fogs are on separate fuses? Yet to investigate.

Also fitted up some Heko wind deflectors, worth the investment.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2322-jpg

Hoping to get all the carpet and R32 seats fitted over the weekend, along with all my brushed aluminium trim, door cards and swapping over all the interior plastics as the one in my daily are rubbish.

Then it's back to fixing ****...

Busted driveshaft outer boot (Fixed LH side about 2mths ago, now the RH has let go)
    Find some way of capping this as it's causing my idle to hunt.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2327-jpg

Find / fix a coolant leak
    Find / fix a wiper wash bottle leak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2094-jpg  
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Looking awesome mate!

those seats look like they came up pretty good.

cheers mate! Getting there, I REALLY want to get me Oettinger body kit on

Quote Originally Posted by kkkevin29 View Post
    those seats look like they came up pretty good.
    They came up amazing. Considering these seats haven't had an ass sit in them for near on 3years, they came up really good. A lot of the faint cracking lifted out too once the leather softened further

Suprised not many people have got the smoke GLi tails previously. They are a great look on a black bora Imo.

Remember to get coloured bulbs for the fogs.
    Most boras only have 1 fog light from standard from memory. Mine was missing a bulb when I got it, fitted a new one and it's just worked? So don't know if this is a year thing or an Aussie thing...? Many threads about people adding a wire to activate it in other countries.

How much is a pain to pull the carpet? Considering doing it in the golf as its pretty feral.

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_2326-jpg

fml...
    I feel your pain, using one of those carpet cleaners takes forever. It seems to work better, when you pressure wash the carpet and use the spot cleaner to just suck the water out. Hang the carpet up for 24h or so et voila....great results with a lot less work involved ✌

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast