Thread: Bora 4motion electrics issues......

Bora 4motion electrics issues......

So... on the weekend i changed a globe in my boot and then BAM, i had no Power windows, sunroof, central locking, and cabin lights. At first i thought this was the ccm as i had read around a few places that this is generally the problem.

I took it to my mechanic who had a spare working ccm that he tried, same issue. He checked all my fuses etc and said 'nfi'. So now i'm going to be heading down the awesomely expensive route of an autoelectrician.

Does anyone, ANYONE have ANY idea WTF could be causing this?

Its 40 bloody degrees and my windows dont go down! IM GOING INSANE U$(*YUAYR &WY$T*(
    1995 Dragon Green VR6 - Dead
    2002 Silver Bora 4motion

have you taken the globe out?
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

Users Country Flag
    What about the fuses that live on top of the battery?

Pete
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

did it actually go bang?
    Have you tried resetting the computer? I mucked up my electronics after installing new lights and things didnt work or worked backwards etc, in your manual there is steps to do it (cant remember of the top of my head).
    But it does sound more like a fuse when there is nothing working at all.

Users Country Flag

+1 one on a fuse. had the same problem, went to auto1 and bought 5 fuses (just in case ) - cost me 70c each. there is a detailed fuse chart in the diy section, you should check it out.
    '01 VW Bora V6 4motion - gone
    17x8 TSW Hockenheims ~ TyrolSport Brake Upgrade ~ SMF + Stage 1 Clutch ~ 42DD Shifter Linkages ~ FK Coilovers