Thread: Before i go bald...

Users Country Flag

Before i go bald...

Hey, first time posting here. Thanks in advance to anyone who has an idea because I am stumped.

So a couple of months ago I bought a Golf Cabriolet 2000 2.0 (with 220k km's on it), and it has been the apple of my eye ever since.

However, about a week ago I was driving down the coast at about 110km/h, when suddenly she lost power for only a second - dropping revs completely before pulling them straight back up and continuing to cruise as normal. If I didn't happen to be looking at the exact moment I would've sworn I'd imagined it. A couple of days later I came to a stop at the lights and without warning it completely died. After furiously pumping the key and the accelerator for a good minute it came back to life and drove off fine. Then on my way back home that same day it completely died again. I got it towed home, and after a few days of not looking at it i braved the ignition again today to find it started and drives around the area perfectly.

I'm too paranoid to drive it anywhere now, and when I took it to the mechanics it (of course) drove fine and he told me he couldn't fix what he couldn't find.

Please help me, what should I do??

Users Country Flag
    Get a VCDS scan, it will likely have something recorded.
    It might just be a cam sensor.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag

Agree, it's probably a sensor on the way out. If you're going to keep the car, it might be worth investing in a scan tool,something like this, is a bit cheaper than VCDS.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo