Thread: Anyone running, or tried an APR R1 Diverter?

Anyone running, or tried an APR R1 Diverter?

I bought one of these a number of years ago from ECS Tuning and once fitted I found it was making what I can only describe as a vibrating or "honking" sound when at low revs, sounded like it couldn't make up it's mind whether it was going to open or close. After sending ECS some pics of my install they agreed it was installed correctly and replaced it with another R1, which I fitted but had the same issue and at that point I just put it back in the box and forgot about it. Anyway fast forward to now and I refitted it again, of course same issue, it seems to work perfectly as far as holding boost, just makes that strange vibrating/honk sound at certain in-between/low RPM's. (Note I do have an EVOMS V-Flow Intake but that all seems perfectly fine with the stock Diverter).

I'll probably just remove it again as the "honk" annoys me but thought I'd ask others here if they had tried one and had similar results to what I've described or if there's a fix such as a spring change, available.
    Last edited by No457 Snowy; 08-09-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by No457 Snowy View Post
    I bought one of these a number of years ago from ECS Tuning and once fitted I found it was making what I can only describe as a vibrating or "honking" sound when at low revs, sounded like it couldn't make up it's mind whether it was going to open or close. After sending ECS some pics of my install they agreed it was installed correctly and replaced it with another R1, which I fitted but had the same issue and at that point I just put it back in the box and forgot about it. Anyway fast forward to now and I refitted it again, of course same issue, it seems to work perfectly as far as holding boost, just makes that strange vibrating/honk sound at certain in-between/low RPM's. (Note I do have an EVOMS V-Flow Intake but that all seems perfectly fine with the stock Diverter).

I'll probably just remove it again as the "honk" annoys me but thought I'd ask others here if they had tried one and had similar results to what I've described or if there's a fix such as a spring change, available.
    Sounds normal to me, I have a DV from an EVO on my Polo, always venting something. Intakes make them sound louder.

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,

I figured as much with 2 new out of the box tried = same result.

Users Country Flag

I had one with the car when I brought it, was ok for awhile but ended up ****ting its self after 2 months. Went to a GFB bov and haven't had any issues since...
    Last edited by RM86; 10-09-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: edit