Thread: AGG motor starting issues

Users Country Flag

Question AGG motor starting issues

I need ideas. My daughters 2001 cabriolet has an AGG 2.0 manual. It has been intermittent with not starting(turns over). So far, new fuel pump and 408 relay, new knock sensor, new crank sensor, new dissy complete, leads and plugs good, new battery. She drove to work and it now doesn't want to start again. Any other ideas as I am totally fed up wasting my time and money going in circles. When it is being cantankerous, it cannot be push started either.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag
    Has it been scanned yet ? any codes.
    Who is doing all this work replacing sensors, relays etc ?
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Ignition switch?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Has it been scanned yet ? any codes.
    Who is doing all this work replacing sensors, relays etc ?
    I have been doing the work myself. So far most of the parts have been a bit dodgy due to the age of them and if they were not the root cause, would have caused issues in the near future. When I get it home today, I will do a scan to see if anything shows up. I guess I should probably should do a scan before I move it.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....

One other thought besides replacing the ignition switch, is there a module that controls the spark besides the main computer and if so where would it be hiding?

Starter motor? I had a mk4 one in my mk3 and it was touch a go. Good wack with a hammer can sometimes shock it back to life.
    I was finding if it didn't start first go to hold the key fully turned and sometimes it would free up after 10 seconds or so and go.
    Can get them rebuilt

Starter motor is good and turns over as good as new.

Fuel, air, spark and timing? Then fault scan and go from there. That or throw more parts at the thing.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

I went up to figure out how to get the car home this morning after trying a couple of times last night to start it. I started first time and a few more at home to move it around and into the shed. I did a scan that shows no errors with anything in the car.