Support VWWC

Thread: 2001 VW VR6 SAI Delete

Users Country Flag

2001 VW VR6 SAI Delete

Hi

I'm new and first time working on the VW Vr6.

I want to do the SAI delete, what's the right way of doing it? Car is a 2001 model, I did a search and this is the most details DIY instruction.

Removing the SAI (Secondary Air Injection) system - izzo @ google

Every others finding are mainly US and Europe forums.

Can someone please help with the right instruction or send me to the right direction? While at it, is there anything else that i can remove/eliminate to simplify things?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2001 VW VR6 SAI Delete-20191221_125410-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    You'll need to get the tune fixed to stop it throwing a code for the SAI I reckon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    You'll need to get the tune fixed to stop it throwing a code for the SAI I reckon.
    IanPGonzaga on here can code it out for you as it will throw CEL. Although there is another way by installing a small resistor. Plenty of threads out there on this. try this one?

VWVortex
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    That guide is for the wrong model 2.8 but it'll be similar. Just start by removing that black cylinder thing at the front of the engine and continue to remove anything else connected to it. Tuck the power wires/plugs away somewhere neatly...

For the 2.8 20v VR6 you wanna get this SAI plate kit - i recommend some gasket sealant on it too as i found mine to leak coolant without the extra help.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SAI-BLOCKOFF-PLATTE-KIT-FUR-MK4-24V-R32-VR6-MOTOREN-AL0069/172405534814?hash=item28242bb05e:g:-1YAAOSw241Ya94N&frcectupt=true

then you just wanna block off any other vacuum lines that happen to join to nothing after the delete is done.

... and yes I can help with the software side of things but it looks like Gavin ( h100vw ) is going to be more local to you

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

ah ok.... looks like it's me then