Support VWWC

Thread: 1.8T pcv valve issues

1.8T pcv valve issues

Just wondering here if anyone has had issues with their pcv system? What were the symptoms?

I am chasing an occasional miss-fire when transitioning from closed throttle to light throttle. Have tested the throttle body to death with an oscilloscope and i don't think its the problem, same for the afm. I have a vagcom which shows there is no error codes, can't really pick out any possible causes from the vcds data.

Searching around on google it seams like the pcv valve and the associated pipework is a common failure point.
    Has anyone here used one of the silicon pcv hose replacement kits?

Users Country Flag
    I'd check the plugs and coil packs first.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

plugs are new, dont think it is an ignition problem, it revs cleanly under boost, it only has a little stumble when cracking the throttle.
    I kind of feels like the a/c clutch is engaging every time i open the throttle, but it does it with or without the a/c on, so i dont think its that.

Check your throttle and give it an adaption.

i have checked the throttle to death, adapted it many times, i'm 99% sure its not the problem.
    I hooked up a wide band lambda sensor to it today and what i noticed was there is no blip in the a/f ratio when the engine stumbles. If it was misfiring I would expect to see lean blips on the lambda sensor. This makes me wonder if the 'misfire' i'm feeling is actually something mechanical.

Would it be possible if my factory dmf is binding up and suddenly releasing when i crack the throttle causing the sensation of a misfire?
    Is there any way to inspect the dmf without removing the gearbox?

Users Country Flag
    how old is your clutch and flywheel?
    mine gives a delayed shudder type feeling when i transition from various throttle positions and my car has 210k km on it

that sort of sounds like what mine does. mine has only 110k on it, but i dont think it is unheard of for a dmf be worn out after 100k?
    Are you positive the sshudder is coming from the flywheel?

Users Country Flag
    I'm not sure mate. I have replaced my dog bone with a poly one but I'm still not 100% it could be the passenger mount getting sloppy or broken.
    maybe others who have changed their flywheel may know more about strange feelings

Users Country Flag

My car on hot days will have a rough idle, and if I'm in 1st gear under 1.5k rpms it will bunny hop by itself with the rpms going up and down until I put the clutch in. I thought it was my pcv but my Mechanic gave it a scan and I have a bad throttle body. I plan on cleaning mine first to see if that fixes it, and if not I'll replace it.