Thread: Those 90mm front spoilers ???

Users Country Flag

Those 90mm front spoilers ???

My corrado was sans front spoiler when purchased,trawling the net for parts suppliers I found the shifter bebuild kit and engine mounts I needed ,cheap and easy to get,but the spoiler ....... so expensive?????.
    Had a good mk2 one and modified that to fit with a few cuts and a heat gun ,certainly better than not having one,anyone found a sourse for a reasonably priced original?
    1987 Golf GLI Wolfsburg Edition,full gti spec 3a Audi 2 litre on dijifant 2
    1989 Corrado 1.8 16v KR manual (02a) black 15x7 RH cups
    1987 Golf GTI original 3 owner in white.
    Audi Quattro,and various Porsches

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooled View Post
    My corrado was sans front spoiler when purchased,trawling the net for parts suppliers I found the shifter bebuild kit and engine mounts I needed ,cheap and easy to get,but the spoiler ....... so expensive?????.
    Had a good mk2 one and modified that to fit with a few cuts and a heat gun ,certainly better than not having one,anyone found a sourse for a reasonably priced original?
    I'd be looking at GPC in the uk or Stateside. I don't expect reasonably priced is going to come into parts for a car that ceased production the best part of 20 years ago though.

The spoiler will be expensive to ship due to the dimensions

Gavin

Try a VW dealer. I found cheaper but as Gavin just said, shipping is either not possible or costs a bomb.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ha Ha my dealer wouldn't know what a Corrado was,don't buy of dealers in my country usually really expensive,I do buy the odd oil filter from a dealer that does wholesale down south.
    Got a 16V mk2 spoiler out of Germany a while back and the freight was very slow and 60usd ,spoiler was cheaper
    Was never expecting these to be cheap and agree with the parts being out of production for so long,having said that you do get a surprise @ what can be found,I have used Jim Ellis VW in states for bits and bobs.

I did order mine through an Australian dealer though! He didn't have a clue what a Corrado was either, but a VIN is all they need to go by. Mine came from Singapore when they ordered it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

What sort of money was it,can you recall the sourse/dealer in Singapore? thanks