Support VWWC

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am looking into importing a Corrado

imported_brackie Guest

The List

By my understanding if it's on the list you can import any year without compliance. That's the whole idea of the list.

I was reading it earlier, i've got feeling this might be part of the new 15yr old rule - ie if your car is on SEVS and is built before or in '89 then it can be imported.

wolfsburg Guest
    What I will do is contact the relevant department / people and ask. I do not have a cams lvl 3 licence for race imports (yet).

But at the moment it does read that a Corroda should be eligable for import. However they can strike cars from this list overnight and maybe the webmasters are slow to reflect a change? or maybe a conspiracy :roll:

I've imported two cars from Europe to Australia over the years so I have some experience.

The rules change from time to time so it's important to have the latest information (in writing).

At the moment there are three options for private imports:

1. Own and use the car for 12 months abroad. (This is the option I've used in the past)

2. The car is at least 15 years old.

3. The car is on the SEVS list.

If you don't meet any of the above criteria then one further option is to apply to have the make/model included on the SEVS list.

Cheers!

corrado

I believe that a lot of european cars imported to Japan were LHD, in fact the two corrado's that I know about in Australia from Japan are LHD.
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

20v kit car Guest
    peter is right..most in japan are lhd...owned a vr6 lhd carrado...now sold but have a lead on another lhd vr6 for sale in sydney...cheers steve

20v kit car Guest
    peter is right..most in japan are lhd...owned a vr6 lhd carrado...now sold but have a lead on another lhd vr6 for sale in sydney...cheers steve if any one wants it i'll do the homework for ya.

syncro Guest
    That one's not LHD! Go and have a look at it!

imported_brackie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_j_g

At the moment there are three options for private imports:

1. Own and use the car for 12 months abroad. (This is the option I've used in the past)

2. The car is at least 15 years old.

3. The car is on the SEVS list.

If you don't meet any of the above criteria then one further option is to apply to have the make/model included on the SEVS list.

Cheers!
    So, no matter how old the car is it's importable if it's on the SEVS list? What about compliance? Does it have to jump through the hoops? Putting it in an example, could I import a 1997 Corrado and get in road licenced without having to have it compliance checked?

The rules say:

For an entry to apply to a particular vehicle you wish to import, the vehicle must:

· be of the Make, Model, Model Code and Vehicle Category specified in Schedule 1 of the entry; or

· be of an alternative Make and/or Model than specified but determined by the Administrator of Vehicle Standards to be of the same design as described in Schedule 2 of the entry; and

· have a Build Date within the specified range, where given in Schedule 1 of the entry; and

· meet all conditions or restrictions specified in Schedule 2 of the entry; and

· have the same vehicle features as those that met the criteria as detailed in Reasons for Decision.

The decision is for 1989 - 1995 models. A 1997 model Corrado would be eligable under the rules above, if it's essentially the same as a 1995 model.

Perhaps we should apply for more VW/Audi to be added - a car isn't on the list until someone applies.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast