Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: g60 explosion

Users Country Flag

I have a ton of pictures about rebuilding the chargers, not that hard at all and the kit of bearings etc isn't that expensive at all. It has to be worth splitting the spare charger for a look inside to make sure it'll do a rebuild. As long as the scroll hasn't worn away badly, due to worn out bearings, it'll live again.

Gavin
    Last edited by h100vw; 29-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Well the Toyota blower is on and it makes 7psi of boost with the stock pulley.It also makes more power because the 6 cyl blower flows much better than the G60.It fits very nicely in the space of the G60 and really doesn't look out of place.Total cost not including labour is $370.00, a little cheaper than the alternative. Will get some pics up soon.
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

Nice one Pete, did you put the FMIC in as well? Does it feel any different? Nice plates too btw!!

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear that this is back on the road

I should be in tomorrow arvo for a chat and hopefully a look at the new SC.
    2007 Elegance Wagon 2TDI
    2005 Multivan
    1976 White MkI Golf

Oh no. Another G60 bites the dust.. Shame really as I've never had one fail on me yet and have been running them for over 12years.. Touch wood!!!
    Must be just a case of bad luck. I know they get a bad rap but when maintained they should be very reliable.
    Best to keep the old one as usually have a few useful parts on them still..
    Various corrado's
    MK2 Golf 16VG60

Did you mean Twin screw or bbm ported glader????? i have considered a twin screw (dreamin) but having not heard one in real life i am afraid if i got one (dreamin) it would be too loud are they as loud as it seems in pics.

Quote Originally Posted by velly_16v_cab View Post
    i agree with Tim, turbo the G60
    or maybe import a Bahn brenner changer (man i love the sound on these)

I personally do not like G60's due to the fact everyone i know who has owned on they have all let go! (and i know alot of people who own them lol)
    Did you mean Twin screw or bbm ported glader????? i have considered a twin screw (dreamin) but having not heard one in real life i am afraid if i got one (dreamin) it would be too loud are they as loud as it seems in pics.

Bahn Brenner Motorsport - Superchargers

YouTube - Mk1 g60 running a Bahn Brenner charger...

its pricey but i love the noise

Users Country Flag
    The g-lader does get a bad rap, but like mentioned above, if there maintained and not abused, they will last. I have the same one from 1991 still running on a car, with rebuilds done every 4-5 years. As far as turboing a g-60, we have done a few here, and not a big fan, the tank line built engine does not work that well with the quick boost of a turbo, and when the turbo is peaking the engine is done out of rpm and power, the Digifant engine managment does not respond to the quick boost of the turbo, as well as the liner boost of the super charger, its a arcade old slow managment and does not like the quick boost spikes. My 2 cents! If any of you guys need a hand or information on rebuilding or modifying g-laders, hit me up I have done probably 1000 of them.

Users Country Flag
    G60 anyday rather than a turbo rado , keep the value up as well , or how about an r32
    wheel whore's ....................yeah right , we can all buy a pretty sticker !

Users Country Flag
    I agree x2

Quote Originally Posted by jasonO View Post
    Hey Jason,
    Any chance you could return my momo steering wheel and boss? I'm really quite fond of it.

mk2 GTi 16v
    Corrado G60

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123