Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: g60 explosion

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by aprr32 View Post
    If you have looked in the back of a Rado engine bay there isn't much room for anything.I've decided to fit a charger off a toyota 2.0l.They are the same size as a G grenade and not much to mod to fit it in the original location.At least it's still supercharged and should get hundreds of thousands of ks from it
    thats sweet as!

didn't have a look at a bahn brenner blower?

chuck some photos up!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Sorry to hear about this Pete, i still can't believe it. The Charger had done 35000 miles and was my daily driver for nearly 6 years.

Gav it sounds like the main bearing shot out of the top from what he said to me on the phone.

As to your question on what to do with it though, if it was still mine,

I'd get the spare charger out of the box and have it rebuilt by either Darren at G-Werks or Gav (h100vw) with a kit from Darren, have it built with a 68mm pulley, whilst the charger is being done i'd get that Rallye FMIC and larger Radiator in, then i'd get an SNS chip in the ECU, an oil cooler and keep it as a G60. Those mods should see an easy 200bhp.
    Reason being is that i think the car should be kept with its original engine, every other car as a 4 cyl Turbo in it nowadays, don't get me wrong i think they're great but a truly unique car like this should be kept with its quirky G-Lader, especially in Australia.

Just my opinion though, good luck with what ever you decide!

Matt.

I vote as per what Matt said, originality IS the key to resale, specially out here where there aint to many !!

When owning a unique ( to Australia) car, you have to forgo the money you will throw at it over time, as you well know
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Users Country Flag
    where are the pics pete???

20vt ftw, but you already know that

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I would have gotten wood from the picture message you sent me.. But I was sniffing Nitro, so i already had it. Hahaha.

Users Country Flag
    If you'd heard a well sorted G60 at full noise, you'd not fit a 1.8T in one. Sends shivers through me thinking of my GTI G60.

Users Country Flag
    true gav havent heard a worked one on full song,just bang for the buck wise, but yes yes its not all about bang for the buck, there is so much more when mating the right engine to a car, especially a period car.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I would have gotten wood from the picture message you sent me.. But I was sniffing Nitro, so i already had it. Hahaha.

Users Country Flag
    Alex, They sound out of this world. It's all induction noise.

Be a lot less time consuming fitting another charger, chip and pulley over a 20valve conversion.

Need to check the intake system for debris though, scrap alloy can get in some far out places after the charger lets goes.

I found bits of Apex seal in the intercooler of my Passat G60 when that came apart for maintenance.

SNStuning.com for chips

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by roccodingo View Post
    I vote as per what Matt said, originality IS the key to resale, specially out here where there aint to many !!

When owning a unique ( to Australia) car, you have to forgo the money you will throw at it over time, as you well know
    Here here im with Matt on this one to,look on the Uk corrado forum there are often blowers forsale there for reasonable coin

I sold the car with a spare G-Lader all ready for a re-build, so theres no excuse!!

Users Country Flag

C'mon, we all know how slow Pete works.

Lets see, car died last Sunday, that's 6 days the car has been off the road. Pete should have the spare charger rebuilt by now, engine fully modified, interior redone, repainted inside and out and a AWD conversion ready to bolt in tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast