Thread: 24v VR6 Corrado - New Zealand

I cant see the photos!

Users Country Flag
    Cant see photos either
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Users Country Flag
    where's the photos ?
    photobucket pro , dont have
    wheel whore's ....................yeah right , we can all buy a pretty sticker !

Users Country Flag
    ah can see the pics now .......

very nice there, you seem to have a healthy obssession with bbs , nice one
    missing my rado now , cant beat a vr rado
    hows the roco comming on
    wheel whore's ....................yeah right , we can all buy a pretty sticker !

Pics fixed.

Rocco is good, got a different one which won't need as much work! Will put the other one on hold for a while. This is the new daily. Plans are french spec headlights, low, something 14" and wide. If I can't find any nice 14" splits I'll run some red 15" RMs that I have.

photo-25 by tbagnz, on Flickr
    1990 16v Corrado - Helios Blue

A cool shot of the rado rolling the other day. Needs all red tail lights (coming soon) and delocked handles (this week).

rolling by tbagnz, on Flickr
    Rocco is looking like this at the moment - currently converting the front wings & lights to pre facelift. I got an engine stand today to so i'll start cleaning up the KR 16v (ex rado) for use in the mk1. Over the winter I want to make the motor show spec, super polished & painted and want to run a carb setup of some sort.

photo-63 by tbagnz, on Flickr

Nice work mate!! I haven't had the time to read through this till now! I remember you asking about RS' a long time ago, and me telling you how rare the 003's were, you done well to find 2 sets in NZ! They are not seen very often. Can't believe you had to buy the whole car for that bonnet!! All good that you sold it on easily though. Good on Stealth Racing for helping you out too, i've dealt with them in the past and they are the #1 guys when it comes to Corrados... I was reading through and thought you were gonna say you went to 5 stud when you did the engine swap and changed the RS' again!! Sounds nice in that vid, looks the dogs dangly bobs too. All red rear lights will look rad, i say get rid of that rear wiper too, neatens up the ass nicely.

Whats the story with that white Rallye i spotted on the vid? Personal Import? LHD still? Only one in NZ??

loving the updates!

can't wait to see the rocco get some love!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

My whole idea with the rado was the OEM+ kinda thing and I only wanted to do "reversable" mods. It's not a really common car here and I didn't want to butcher it too far from its original form.

Looking back now to when I resprayed though I wish I had have smoothed the rear wiper. Maybe something I'll do in the future. I only smoothed the front bumper because I had a spare bumper, I have the original still.

That rallye is a 1.8t replica build. The guy spent tonnes importing genuine guards, lights, seats etc and built a quick 1.8t motor for it. It's for sale now for around 20k ono ($NZ).

Oh wow he went to a lot of trouble, got a link for the ad?

With the rear wiper, a lot of people just take it off and put a little rubber grommet in the hole, hardly noticeable and reversible easier as that part of the panel is slightly raised where the hole is...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast