Thread: Would you pay the price ?

Would you pay the price ?

Pricing in the Uk with what we could expect in the future here in Australia , I think I will stick with diesel power until they stop production {hmm maybe buy one prior to production shutdown and mothball it for the future LOL} https://www.drive.com.au/news/volksw...e-66de20af15a9

Users Country Flag
    $100K is ballpark for an electric vehicle of that nature. Any decent German electric available today (ie Merc GLA GLB) is in the price bracket $80-$120K.

I'd pay that for the ID Buzz ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    I don't know that I could do it, $100k for a van, albeit a very nice one. I baulked at the ~$73k+ (and quickly rising) cost for a new Multivan when we were looking for a replacement late last year...

The Peoples car is getting more and more out of reach for normal people.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    $100K is ballpark for an electric vehicle of that nature. Any decent German electric available today (ie Merc GLA GLB) is in the price bracket $80-$120K.

I'd pay that for the ID Buzz ....
    While it may be attractive in its retro look I cant help but think it will be like the Beetle reincarante , takes off and suddenly becomes unattractive long term .

Users Country Flag
    More to the point it looks similar to a pug-ugly Jap:

STARIA | People Movers & Commercial | Hyundai Australia

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    More to the point it looks similar to a pug-ugly Jap:

STARIA | People Movers & Commercial | Hyundai Australia
    Actually not Jap at all ... that is Korean and yes, it looks terrible.

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to my wife, the ID Buzz is the coolest car she has ever seen ...
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Pricing in the Uk with what we could expect in the future here in Australia , I think I will stick with diesel power until they stop production {hmm maybe buy one prior to production shutdown and mothball it for the future LOL} https://www.drive.com.au/news/volksw...e-66de20af15a9
    I agree, but I think my 2006 diesel will never wear out, it might outlast me !

Users Country Flag

I like it, but then I do find the Yeti attractive...but for that kind of cash - no way.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.