Support VWWC

Thread: Wing mirror bushing VW T5 2013

Wing mirror bushing VW T5 2013

Hey there

I'm having some trouble fixing a RHS wing mirror that got snapped off in a car wash (i know, but the kids love bubblecano).

I can't seem to find the correct replacement part. The part is advertised as 7E1857000 to fit VW T5 (i have 2013) but it's clearly not what i'm trying to replace (see photo of incorrect replacement part next to the broken plastic part i need to replace).

The part i have is plastic, has a smaller diameter base, and rather than a retaining clip to hold the spring down has a sort of collar that fits into a slot that encircles the shaft.

I can't find the part anywhere, and now i'm this far into pulling the mirror apart I'd really like to fix this cheaply rather than buy a whole new mirror for $340 as suggested by VW.

If i get very desperate I can copy the part and 3D print it with a heat resistant filament but I doubt that would last in Brisbane heat with our love of Bubblecano.

Any ideas or part numbers?

Thanks heaps!

Wing mirror bushing VW T5 2013-img_2779-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Tried a wreckers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    Tried a wreckers?
    Genius. I was thinking it must be out there and a cheap part but honestly, this is probably a quicker and easier option.

Will see what they have on monday. They probably want to sell the whole mirror too but will be a lot cheaper and save me putting what i have back together.

Still wouldn't mind knowing if there is a part number in case this happens again. It's not a hard part to replace.

I'm now thinking the mirror i'm trying to repair is not original VW but an aftermarket replacement. The previous owner may have put this on. Otherwise the part I bought should fit...