Thread: Who Am I?

Users Country Flag

Who Am I?

Perhaps this is a tad more brutal than it needed to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Am I?-who-jpg  

No I reckon the VW statement is wrong, it should read " VW frequently make my life harder than it needs to be "

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    No I reckon the VW statement is wrong, it should read " VW frequently make my life harder than it needs to be "
    Nah it is correct, you bought a VW by choice, you choose the hard road.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Nah it is correct, you bought a VW by choice, you choose the hard road.
    Nah, I based it all on two Type 3 Variants, a T2 and a T4, all of which were the real deal.

It was that sealed auto box that took me apart.

We bought the VW by necessity not choice , at the time of our first T4 we had two disabled children both in wheelchairs . My wife had been driving a Verada Wagon prior and was very concerned about how big the van was in comparison , as by then both kids had transferred to wheel chairs from strollers . She found the VW was easy to see over traffic and was actually a fraction shorter than the Verada , we had done a fair bit of research and the VW had the best access via the rear tailgate as opposed to the Mercedes VITO . Toyota,s and Mitshubishi were just not in the same league as the VW with driveability and access . We bought a T5 in 2004 and had that for 8 or so years and sold it when the T5.1 came out . Our eldest passed away a couple of years back but we still need the van for our daughter , so as much as I loath the VW,s engineering and the stupid things they build into them its still great drive .Here is our current van before and after conversion .New T5 Project

Like Sunny, I also bought my vehicles as I have disabled child ( now adult) . The first was a 2000 Caravelle ('Silver Caravelle') purchased second hand in 2005 and a new Multivan in 2008. Perfect for a rear wheel hoist and other family members. It would be difficult to go back to a car regardless because it is so practical with plenty of useable space. Scott.