Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the fuse box in a T6?

Users Country Flag

Where's the fuse box in a T6?

I'm installing a dash cam and UHF radio in our Multivan, and the piggy back fuse "add a circuit" are a new thing since I last played with auto electrics.

With the new can bus stuff can I use these in a T6 Multivan? If so where is the interior fuse box?

My other option is visit my local auto electrician or ARB place.

If you have your owners manual and being a T6 you should have it , go to the rear of the manual and look up fuses and it will show you where the box is . Now not sure on a T6 how much they have changed but there are usually 3 fuse boxes one in the engine bay under the battery itself another may be under one of seats and the main one will be under the dash , I found this titbit of info on another site [Open the lower bottle holder and on the inside rear there is a clip you squeeze together and the whole bottle holder comes out and the fusebox is behind it ] This just near the centre left of the gear shift from their description . And this video might help , sadly they didnt explain how they got it but you can see its sort of buried behind the dash trim .YouTube

If you have your owners manual and being a T6 you should have it , go to the rear of the manual and look up fuses and it will show you where the box is . Now not sure on a T6 how much they have changed but there are usually 3 fuse boxes one in the engine bay under the battery itself another may be under one of seats and the main one will be under the dash , I found this titbit of info on another site [Open the lower bottle holder and on the inside rear there is a clip you squeeze together and the whole bottle holder comes out and the fusebox is behind it ] This just near the centre left of the gear shift from their description . And this video might help , sadly they didnt explain how they got it but you can see its sort of buried behind the dash trim .YouTube

I use "add a fuses" almost daily in my work as there are three different sizes in cars these days , Standard fuse Mini fuses and then Micro mini fuses . Wouldn,t you think car makers could make something standard but hey then poor sods like us wouldn,t have something to bitch about . Good luck finding the circuit you need just remember to try and use similar rating fuse points to get your power from so as not to overload a smaller amperage with a larger amperage drawing from that point .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 02-06-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I have a T6, it is just below the auto transmission selector to the left.

VW don't supply a layout of what fuses are... its damn annoying.

The small micro fuses in the centre are live when Ignition is on and off when keys are out.

I use a micro piggy back for Ignition Live for my DC-DC charger.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    I have had problems using addafuses in micro fuses as it just kept popping out .

Hoewever a MINI fuse is the same dimensions and I just used one of them

Main difference is height as some fuse boxes are tight for space over the tops of the fuses

Easier to get as hardly anyone sells micro fuse taps. I got some off Ebay
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    My T5 doesn’t have the two cards showing what’s what, be great if someone posts a picture, tia

Its on the home page for this van section it was put up years ago .T5 ESSENTIALS (from September 2009), Fuses location,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    My T5 doesn’t have the two cards showing what’s what, be great if someone posts a picture, tia
    The 2 cards are inside of that mentioned fuse box cover, or at least they should be there. Though the fuses may differ from model to model the basic ones might be at the same locations.

What used to make me laugh was the message in the owners manual which said "due to ongoing development of your car fuse locations at this time are not shown "What they should have said was if you want to change a fuse pay your local VW dealer to tell you whats what . I can,t believe that during the development and building stage that they would not know what fuses where going where in each box .

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    These cards are from a 2005 2.5L 128Kw

Where's the fuse box in a T6?-card-jpg Where's the fuse box in a T6?-sb-fuseholder-jpg

Where's the fuse box in a T6?-sc-fuseholder-jpg Where's the fuse box in a T6?-sd-fuseholder-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast