Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Multivan (MV) would you buy used?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by leegil View Post
    I doubt that i will buy new. Too much $$ for me.
    I'm also only interested in SWB as that will meet my needs once all 2nd and 3rd rows removed. LWB would be too long, and it will not fit into my single car garage very well.
    Our favourite is the SWB Multivan TDI340. This particular engine is very well proven. I have seen one recently that was used as an airport shuttle on the Gold Coast and had 515,000km on it.

I have had in the fleet Multivan TDI450 and the TDI400 and TDI340 at various times. The TDI450 is outstanding, but am equally happy in a TDI340.

I have a 2011 5.1 TDI400, I took it around the country with no issues. Surprisingly capable off road even in FWD guise.

I thought it was a bit gutless up north trying to overtake roadtrains, so got it remapped. Now much torquier - I sat on cruise at 140 km/h for hours on end (in NT).

I took all rear seats out and have at various times used it for sleeping, carrying a motorcycle to the track and hauling mountain bikes. It's been good at all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by syncro91 View Post
    You will be pleased to hear that the new T6.1 Multivan range will be expanded to include TDI340 4motion in both SWB and LWB. It will be 110kW Euro 5 / 340Nm / 7sp DSG.
    Any other specs you can share, like maybe a Crewvan with tdi400 (at least).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado T5 View Post
    Any other specs you can share, like maybe a Crewvan with tdi400 (at least).
    There will be some excellent improvements / expansion to the Transporter 4motion range after much discussion

TDI340 Transporter 4-motion 7sp DSG - SWB
    TDI340 Transporter 4-motion 7sp DSG - LWB
    TDI340 Transporter 4-motion 7sp DSG Crewvan - SWB
    TDI340 Transporter 4-motion 7sp DSG Crewvan - LWB

The Crewvans will have Tailgate / Dual Sliding Doors / Sliding windows in the sliding doors.

Interestingly, it will be possible to option windows in the rear cabin area on the Crewvan (unlike a standard Transporter with front row seating only)

There is no TDI400 anymore.

TDI450 (with reduced output at 146kW rather than 150kW in T6) will continue, but no Crewvan
    Last edited by syncro91; 01-04-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syncro91 View Post
    You will be pleased to hear that the new T6.1 Multivan range will be expanded to include TDI340 4motion in both SWB and LWB. It will be 110kW Euro 5 / 340Nm / 7sp DSG.

It is definitely a good option for traveling as a family. But you can always find an alternative. For example by visiting Cheap Business Class Flights to Cambodia from US - Voyagu you can find cheap tickets for a business class flight. It will give you more pleasure than a car trip.
    A great choice for travel.
    Last edited by SimonMiller; 01-02-2023 at 01:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12