Support VWWC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weeman's T4

Users Country Flag

Weeman's T4

Hi all,

Jumping over from the mk2 golf section, I've just recently purchased my dad's T4 off him that he's owned from new as he has just gone and upgraded to the T6.1, I think he still prefers the T4! It's still straight and tidy and has a great service history with only 122000 k's. Its the 2.5L petrol SWB model, 2002 I think.

I'll post whatever I get upto on it. My long term goal is to still be able to use it for transporting stuff around, like if I ever wanna get big sheets of something or pickup an engine, but also convert it to a camper. I'm from Tassie so there is lots of overnight trips to do only within a couple of hours. So the camper will only be set up for 1-2 night trips. The bed and whatever else will need to be somewhat removable or pack away quite nicely. So many ideas but hey, no deadlines at least!

First little change was putting in some new headlight bulbs. Osram Night Breaker Laser next gen so on so on. Lots better compared to the stock standard halogens. Took about 5 minutes to swap, no issues.

Just sold a set of wheels so I've got some money to put into a head unit. Want a reverse camera and some sort of navigation with it too and further potential for a good sound system for the back of the van. Will see what I come up with, all the fold-out single din stuff is currently sold out everywhere so I'll have to retro fit a double din screen in somehow...

Cheers,
    Thomas

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    '89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

Hi Thomas,
    Looks like a nice tidy rig. All the best with your upgrades.

Cheers, Scott.

Here you go feast your eyes on my son,s T4 from a few years back , I did the whole conversion including two 12 inch subs amps etc and fold out 7 inch screen in the dash and a huge 15 inch fold down DVD player / screen in the rear compartment . One down one to go . I even did a complete drive train swap as his engine was originally a non turboed diesel . We got another van off ebay with the 2.5 petrol and swapped the whole box and dice over .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    @Silver Caravelle Cheers!

@Sunny43.5 Nice I had a little read, sounded like a bit of effort

'89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

So after much thought, decided to steer away from a new double din head unit or anything with a screen cause I didn't want to do any chopping around in my dash. I solved my reverse camera problem and got myself a Parkmate reverse mirror. Is touchscreen and has front and rear cameras which record. The screen is voice controlled too and works really well.

Took a fair while running the wiring through the pillars, then through the roof and down into the boot. There were a few tough spots of trying to thread wires through but nothing major.

Where I mounted the rear camera seemed like the best spot and if I ever need to see the towball, I can tilt the camera down easily. There wasn't really an ideal way to mount the camera low enough and still be able to see directly backwards, so just ran with it this way. Only drilled one hole which fed the wire through, all sikaflexed up to seal the hole, with a touch of paint on any fresh metal.

The screen seems great so far, it just straps around the original mirror. My only concern is when you try to look at the mirror with the screen on, it can be really glary but if you press the little tab on the original mirror that you press when someone blasts their high beams into you, this solves the problem.

I'll still be looking into a single din, but nothing with a touch screen display or anything. Just something that can power a sweet as sound system.

Cheers,
    Thomas

'89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

Just gave Mr. Black a try for the first time, brilliant stuff! Will work perfectly on the mk2

'89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

A single DIN fold out head unit will do the job and its Android with GPS Bluetooth facility for front and rear cameras and a lot of other stuff as well . Thats the sort I fitted to my sons one and it did him for the 5 years he had the van .Android 10.0 Universal Car Stereo Single 1Din CarPlay TPMS WiFi OBD2 DVR DAB+GPS | eBay

Long time no post, did something today haven't seen any other T4's do. Installed a Narva Explora 22" single row light bar in the lower grill. Had the whole bumper and grill off, put nutserts into the top of the crash bar and mounted that way, keeping everything clean and the mounting points invisible (I want an OEM look, no number plate brackets or anything). Only modification was to the plastic grill which I cut with a little coping saw then gave the plastic edges a light sand.

I wanted to go bigger and fill the whole grill but didn't want flow issues, perhaps I would've had some, perhaps not. I'll never know lol. This looks nice and tidy for my liking. I hope to inspire some people cause I haven't seen any pictures on the web of this mounting style!

Cheers,
    Thomas

'89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

Nice work so far I take it this your first van ?

Yea first van

'89 VW Golf MK2 2dr VR6
    '96 VW Golf Mk3 2dr
    '02 VW Transporter SWB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast